Let's talk about Xavi's replacement (2024)

Xavi's replacement

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

khaled_a_d

They'll meet you in the middle.
Hire a worse manager and not sell some of the underperforming players.

Judging by Deco short stint, I think we are heading for the rebuild direction more than anything.
And if Marquez is the choice, then it surely is the case.
No idea if we will sell players, as we want to be at least pseudo competitive in order to not lose on sponsors and prize money.
Deco is saying we won't, but considering the way he handled the press regarding the whole coach thing, he is a bit discreet.

Loki

I'm perfectly okay with Marquez to try a season. We're still rebuilding the squad, the stadium and even if we spend much money for a top tier coach and his staff, we still don't have any left to fullfill him his wishes and a coach, no matter who it is, won't look good without the players he wants.
Marquez on the other hand can handle our youth and that's already a good point to start with and will be an important point going forward, as new players like Faye keep pushing. Economically speaking it'll be very good too of course, since he won't demand a big salary and be glad to get this chance in the first place.
I'm sure we can challenge the league even with Marquez and the CL will be a new league format, that could actually favor us. We need to see it first.

BJJ

Marquez is more of the same. For the love of God why are the Barca board and fans so obsessed with ex players???
Tuchel and Flick are free. Klopp will probably be free in 25. Why not take a chance and move in a different direction. This whole Barca DNA thing is STALE. It doesn't inspire us overseas fans. It's only the delusional Catalan soy boys who are obsessed with it.
While Real are consistently performing in the CL and fighting their way out of adversity we have become a choke meme, a joke

Porque

Marquez is more of the same. For the love of God why are the Barca board and fans so obsessed with ex players???
Tuchel and Flick are free. Klopp will probably be free in 25. Why not take a chance and move in a different direction. This whole Barca DNA thing is STALE. It doesn't inspire us overseas fans. It's only the delusional Catalan soy boys who are obsessed with it.
While Real are consistently performing in the CL and fighting their way out of adversity we have become a choke meme, a joke

But do you trust Laporta to go out and sign the right man?

Laporta: And our new manager, everybody welcome...

anders-frisk1.jpg

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Now after reaching semi final i doubt Bayern will fire Tuchel

Messi983

Rather than complaining about Barca DNA you need some reality check.

Real question is which manager we can actually afford and is willing to come here working with tied hands on the market.

Tuchel has fallen out with every club he's been at in a short time because of his high demands. If Bayern, Chelsea or PSG can't/don't want to buy him players he wants how could we do that?

If we can afford Klopp next year you can be sure Laporta will do anything to convince him.

Rafa is nothing else than a short term solution unless he proves his worth next season.

khaled_a_d

Rafa means we are broke folks. It isn't because we prefer him, it is because we can't afford someone better.
FFS, Atletico has 150% of our salary cap allowance. We were closer to Villarreal than than Atletico, and closer to rest of Liga clubs than RM.

No coach will come with such constraints unless he is desperate for opportunity.
If we sign Marquez, it isn't because Laporta thinks he is a genius, it means we have no other financially viable option.

Last edited:

Alik

Rafa means we are broke folks. It isn't because we prefer him, it is because we can't afford someone better.
FFS, Atletico has 150% of our salary cap allowance. We were closer to Villarreal than than Atletico, and closer to rest of Liga clubs than RM.

No coach will come with such constraints unless he is desperate for opportunity.
If we sign Marquez, it isn't because Laporta thinks he is a genius, it means we have no other financially viable option.
Even Flick? Not that I rate him.

khaled_a_d

Even Flick? Not that I rate him.

Flick left Bayern because he didn't feel supported.
If he fails at Barca, his career is over considering he is 59 now (so 60 midway next season) so I doubt he will take on a project that he feels it isn't going to work at all.
And current Barca is anti Flick too. His game is based on verticality and accepting he will lose the ball a lot even in dangerous positions, but quick defense will stop counter.
We aren't build for that, not without a few signings at least

With that said, my gut feeling is that Laporta still wants him, and if we can do it we will

Sooke

Even though I respect Arteta and would like to see him in Barcelona, I think it will be better if we go with De Zerbi or German coach.
Barcelona needs to change its old-fashioned, slow-moving style based on ball possession with endless horizontal and backward passes and adopt a more modern one. Just take as an example Real Madrid. Ancelotti was able to select the right players for his system and we all can see the results. Laporta needs to get back to his exceptional job in 1992 when he hired Johan Cruyff and won his first Champions League trophy.

Reactions: BJJ

HanDW

I'm surprised Laporta and co aren't pushing more for Tuchel, I don't rate him that much but he's got the most coaching experience out of everyone in that list, has showed interest in the job a few times and is actually a pretty damn good KO tournament tactician even when working with super mid squads (outplayed Madrid at home with fodder like Alonso, Havertz and Werner).

If he manages to knock out Madrid i can see the media starting a campaign for him.

Blanco

In the remaining of the season your fanbase has to do everything possible to make Xavi stay. Dont forget where were Barca before Xavi came, dont forget how he turned your season this year until Araujo brainfart. You have to see the full picture and not act crazy after the disappointment this week. If Marques is gonna be your next manager you will be asking Xavi for forgiveness in October/November. Marques will be a doll for Laporta and Mendes and he doesnt possess the status that Xavi has, so he will not be given any power within the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans