Let's talk about Xavi's replacement (2024)

Xavi's replacement

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Porque

If Laporta is honest with himself, then this result is the final nail to any notion of Xavi staying or Marquez being the replacement.

JohnN

Shouldn't the replacement be already preparing and planning the squad along with the technical stuff? The season is over, might as well bring someone now.

Temptation

How about Mourinho?

He's looking for a job.

If it goes south you can sack him and try to sign Klopp the next season.

Barca should reunite with Jose. Barca need someone with a huge personality.

@BJJ

JohnN

Not sure Mou will be ok with a team of teenagers and not sure Barca fans want anything to do with him. Also, his game style is not aligned at all with Barca's, perhaps a bad fit altogether.

Temptation

Not sure Mou will be ok with a team of teenagers and not sure Barca fans want anything to do with him. Also, his game style is not aligned at all with Barca's, perhaps a bad fit altogether.
Mourinho did a fantastic job with Roma's young players and handed out 10-15 debuts. Look at what he did with Zalewski.

This narrative has always been rubbish. Mou also did the same thing with young Varane, McTominay and others.

Xavi's game style is not aligned with Barca either. With the right players, Mourinho's football is fun.

Like I said, he can be a short term solution. He'll improve Barca's structure, mentality, defense and counter attacking ability. You can always sack him a year later and go for Klopp who'll be looking for a job by then.

A 2 year contract for Mourinho is a great idea honestly.

draconifire

I was just coming here to write this, but saw people already discussing Mou. I don't know who Flick is but after so many years of shit, I dont care, as who ever that comes turns out to be shit.

Honestly would take Mourinho, if he just brings his utterly vile loathsome disgusting pukeworhy boring-ass contact sport and making the opponent work twice as hard and suffer even harder, mentality to us. At this point, i just fucking want that. Give him a young team, and remove every deadbeat. And let him instill some fucking nastiness in the players.

serghei

The club needs to think long and hard what is the plan for the next couple of seasons until Camp Nou is fully finished.

We either hire a good manager and continue the work started by Xavi, meaning challenging for the league title next season and coming back in the CL quarterfinals and have anther go at making the semis or better. Or we start selling some players that can fetch good money to fix our FFP issues.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The club needs to think long and hard what is the plan for the next couple of seasons until Camp Nou is fully finished.

We either hire a good manager and continue the work started by Xavi, meaning challenging for the league title next season and coming back in the CL quarterfinals and have anther go at making the semis or better. Or we start selling some players that can fetch good money to fix our FFP issues.

They'll meet you in the middle.
Hire a worse manager and not sell some of the underperforming players.

BJJ

How about Mourinho?

He's looking for a job.

If it goes south you can sack him and try to sign Klopp the next season.

Barca should reunite with Jose. Barca need someone with a huge personality.

@BJJ
I think Barca need amanager who will start building a proper project. Valverde was supposed to do that but got caught up in short term results and the amigo toxicity. Mourinho as a caretaker manager for a season is ok but I'd like a serious manager right away. I'll take Tuchel over Mourinho. He might actually last a couple of seasons.

BJJ

Ex

Except for a few players like Lamine, Cubarsi and Faye everyone else should be up for auction. If we get good prices for Raphinha, Araujo, Ter Stegen and De Jong we should sell. Ferran is a bum and we'd be lucky to get 15 million for him. Thanks Xavi. At this point I'd just go all in with La Masia with a few frees and quality bargains thrown in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans