Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gundo

• Roberto

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FC B

Many complained about having fewer rest days than Madrid before some clasicos and Barca usually looked gassed in those matches, maybe this time it will be different and Barca's players will look fresher than those of PSG.

Andresito

Staff member
Many complained about having fewer rest days than Madrid before some clasicos and Barca usually looked gassed in those matches, maybe this time it will be different and Barca's players will look fresher than those of PSG.
Could be. But longer rests are usually pretty bad.

Everyone thought after the small winter break we'd demolish Las Palmas with intense football. It took a Gundo pen in 93rd minute to win the game. I remember we looked rusty in that one.

Loki

Could be. But longer rests are usually pretty bad.
In the Covid year, when the Bundesliga and Ligue 1 ended their leagues way earlier than Spain and England, everyone was saying they will be at a disadvantage in the CL tournament because they'll lack match rhythm. The finals was Bayern - PSG.

Porque

In the Covid year, when the Bundesliga and Ligue 1 ended their leagues way earlier than Spain and England, everyone was saying they will be at a disadvantage in the CL tournament because they'll lack match rhythm. The finals was Bayern - PSG.

The other two semi finalists?

Leipzig and Lyon.

Horatio

You're welcome
It's different. You need to strike a decent balance between overplayed and too much rest. Rhythm is important as well.

Loki

The other two semi finalists?

Leipzig and Lyon.
Even better, forgot about it. Fresh legs and preparation is more important than match rhythm in my opinion. I don't see it as a disadvantage having the weekend free, on the contrary. Xavi has 1,5 weeks to prepare the team and train tactics without any disturbance. These are perfect conditions for a coach.

Porque

Even better, forgot about it. Fresh legs and preparation is more important than match rhythm in my opinion. I don't see it as a disadvantage having the weekend free, on the contrary.

Yep. There can be an argument of losing rhythm but not at this phase of the tournament where managing mileage is far more important.

The Las Palmas game should be enough to build the rhythm after the break.

In Rugby, admittedly a more physical game, the teams in the WC with more rest days usually win (and we're talking of matches where teams are having 5 day turnovers versus 8/9). Energy management is incredibly important.

Rest and confidence. The way we are talking is as if we are going three weeks without playing football.

I get the caution, but that may be more Barca doctrine. Be interesting to read Madrid and Atleti fans perception. Even more interesting will be the data after the quarters.

Let's see if all three Spanish clubs progress.

Andresito

Staff member
In the long run it's fine I think, like Covid season showed. It's just that first game after coming back.

Important data will not be if Spanish teams progress or not, but whether they do well in their first game.
For the 2nd leg it'll be back to normal.

Loki

Rapha on the left again. I swear I didn't see one good game from him on the left side. What the hell is Xavi thinking to prefer him over Felix there.

Home of Barca Fans