Eto'o vs Suarez : who was Closer of the ballon d'or ?

soul24rage

Nope. Van Basten was more complete. R9 was weak in the air.

R9 excelled at his particular skillset and style of play and was unplayable in his pomp.
By weak in the air, what exactly do you mean by that?

R9 has great heading technique with a great leap.

Plus R9 has better dribbling skill and more speed compared to Van Basten imo.

Temptation

By weak in the air, what exactly do you mean by that?

R9 has great heading technique with a great leap.

Plus R9 has better dribbling skill and more speed compared to Van Basten imo.
R9 was decent in the air but not as strong at heading or winning aerial balls as most elite CFs.

R9 vs MVB:

Shooting: MVB
Finishing: MVB
Dribbling: R9
Speed: R9
Strength: Equal?
Passing: Equal?
Volleys: MVB
Headers: MVB

I'd rather watch peak R9 play Football but MVB was more complete as a striker.

Guy was finished by 28 and still had 3 B d ors. He was a freak.

soul24rage

R9 was decent in the air but not as strong at heading or winning aerial balls as most elite CFs.

R9 vs MVB:

Shooting: MVB
Finishing: MVB
Dribbling: R9
Speed: R9
Strength: Equal?
Passing: Equal?
Volleys: MVB
Headers: MVB

I'd rather watch peak R9 play Football but MVB was more complete as a striker.

Guy was finished by 28 and still had 3 B d ors. He was a freak.
Why would you separate Shooting, Finishing and Volley? They are all probably the same thing.

Passing, I would give it to R9, his passing is underrated.

Agreed that MvB is a freak.

Temptation

Why would you separate Shooting, Finishing and Volley? They are all probably the same thing.

Passing, I would give it to R9, his passing is underrated.

Agreed that MvB is a freak.
Shooting means long shots/tight angles.

Finishing is converting any sort of chances.

Volleys are an important metric for strikers. MVB scoring volleys is iconic.

KingLeo10

15 year old Bumstation talking with “conviction” like he personally went to see the Milan games back in the 80s :lol:

Tell us more about the story of how you and your mates met MVB at a Nike shoot..oh wait that made up story was about R9 :lol:

Temptation

This autistic moron is so desperate.

Doesn't matter if you don't watch icons like Pele, Franz, Maradona, MVB live. Every Football fan has watched numerous clips of them and knows about their careers and their game.

Imagine being a guy who watches MLS over Barca games questioning Ball knowledge. :lol:

BJJ

Eto over Suarez all day, anyway.
Eto just had something about him. Suarez had a horrible CL record especially in the ko stages. Absolutely atrocious .
Eto scored in 2 CL finals.
At the end Suarez was just plain fucking annoying. Fat, lazy, waving his arms around and yelling at the younger players. Plus always sucking up to Messi. Another thing that colours my perception is the fact that Suarez was part of the teams that choked badly in Europe. Those humiliations have left the club with some serious CL PTSD.

Etoshow

Neither Suarez nor Eto'o ever deserved any Best Player in the World awards.

Not the main man in any of their CL or League victories(ATM's league victory hero was Oblak).

Great strikers though. One of the best of their own generation.
Are u sure to be old enough to affirmate Eto'o wasn't the main man in any of our CL's and league's victories ? Because u're saying something very dangerous for any Barça fan who lived those days. Samuel Eto'o is litually the guy who brings back the winning mentality and the goals in the club after some crisis years. He was alongside Ronaldinho the main man of the team. The brasilian was the technical leader, Eto'o was the main man for the goals. And the thing in the Rijkaard era is both Ronaldinho and Eto'o were the top scorers and the difference makers of that team in terms of dribbling and creating chances for teammates or themselves. Sorry but I don't know a lot of strikers with Eto'o's dribbling skills, not to mention his pace and Lewa doesn't have those qualities. Added to the fact that those days, he was very impactful in the team in terms of goals, even goals in CL finals... You can't say what u said or else u were a kid in 2006 so u were biased by medias and sponsors marketing job.

BJJ

Eto scored those two goals in the finals at CRUCIAL junctures of the game. Suarez literally pushed Rakitic aside to get his goal. Eto was a true leader and alpha. Suarez had issues with biting opponents lol. I liked Suarez alot but those last few years and his CL record really rubbed me the wrong way. A Barca great for sure but lower than Eto in the pecking order.

Home of Barca Fans