Erling Haaland

behindbrowneyes

Like I said when I opened the thread: His finishing is his USP, but the mixture of technique and pace is what makes him stand out if you consider his height. Mbappe might be a better player overall, but this team lacks a #9 and Haaland is a natural goal scorer. He does it like he never did anything else. Imagine him in that Barcelona team with all these chances they are creating lately.

However, Haaland still works best in a heavily pressing, fast-transition counter-attacking team and let's not forget who his agent is.

Porque

I wonder though. Was prime Ronaldo current Barca style?

Because from what I recall his Barcelona version was a like Haalandx100.

I don't know who it is still at the club pushing this Barca style ideology. Because currently we are looking for strikers who don't primarily score, midfielders who don't run, defenders who don't primarily defend and goalkeepers who pass.

Crazy.

Last edited:

olivis

I don't know who it is still at the club pushing this Barca style ideology. Because currently we are looking for strikers who don't primarily score, midfielders who don't run, defenders who don't primarily defend and goalkeepers who pass.

Crazy.
Still trying to replicate the Barca team of 10 years ago, but what people don't realize is that part of the reason why that worked was because it was so new. Plenty of ways to counter have been developed and I'm sure it wouldn't work today.

Yannik

"Barca style" really only worked once and might even in his prime not be as effective today as it was back then since the whole world adapted to it. It also required specific players who were the absolute top tier elite in their field and which are right now not at disposal in the squad, and not really realistically on the market aswell. For now the core basics don't even work, yet fans demand to push for advancements in fancyness and every forward needs to essentially be a No.10. Wouldn't it be better to lay out a basic formula that works and can be competetive in Europe, and only then gradually add all these nostalgic pieces into a working end product?

I mean a No. 9 capable of scoring 40 goals a season sounds just great and required. Why do people feel the need to overcomplicate simple things?

Last edited:

Raketa10

"Barca style" really only worked once and might even in his prime not be as effective today as it was back then since the whole world adapted to it. It also required specific players who were the absolute top tier elite in their field and which are right now not at disposal in the squad, and not really realistically on the market aswell. For now the core basics don't even work, yet fans demand to push for advancements in fancyness and every forward needs to essentially be a No.10. Wouldn't it be better to lay out a basic formula that works and can be competetive in Europe, and only then gradually add all these nostalgic pieces into a working end product?

I mean a No. 9 capable of scoring 40 goals a season sounds just great and required. Why do people feel the need to overcomplicate simple things?

+1

vegitot

Crazy.

Barcelona R9 version is insane level.

Arnaez

R9 could carry the team forward with his dribbling from anywhere on the pitch, not comparable at all to Haaland who's just a great finisher

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans