CL Quarter Final: Barca - PSG 1-4

draconifire

That Gundo
It

It's the mentality. Unless you have a strong manager and clear out some of the seniors nothing will change. Ter Stegen, Lewandoski, Roberto, R
omeu need to go. For the right price Araujo, Raphinha, De Long and maybe Kounde too.
We may as well cash in and play the youngsters and pick up some bargains along the way.
It's time to get a good manager and let him build. Leverkusen and Xabi are good examples for us.

Look at Gundogan's post-match interview. He knew when, why and how we fucked up, he didn't have to see any replays. Why can't we get more people like this in our club? Look at Xavi's response, absolutely pathetic. The club needs to be purged from the inside, each and every personnel needs to be scrutinized and fucked-off from the club. Don't care if you are a legend or have been playing for a long time and know the system.

Reactions: BJJ

Richard.H

That Gundo

Look at Gundogan's post-match interview. He knew when, why and how we fucked up, he didn't have to see any replays. Why can't we get more people like this in our club? Look at Xavi's response, absolutely pathetic. The club needs to be purged from the inside, each and every personnel needs to be scrutinized and fucked-off from the club. Don't care if you are a legend or have been playing for a long time and know the system.
I don't think the club will ever let go of its roots. it might be a long time before we see another strong Barca that can even sniff the 2004-2008 Riijkard era team that was strong and competitive in the CL and weren't pussies. I am not counting Pep or Lucho years because those squads were once in a lifetime.

Come to think of it, I don't think this club ever won a scrappy title ever. Everything had to be because we were the best club at the time. Shit is really infuriating when you see other teams not bending down with ease like ours.

Loki

Just 2 things from me:

1. Araujo is extremly stupid, as Gundogan has pointed out. No matter how good he usually is and how many times he saved the team, but we lost this game and a possible final only because of him in the end. If you're not sure you can reach the ball, you let him through. He might miss, ter Stegen might save and even if it's a goal, the outcome is still way better than playing the whole game with one player less.
You only go all-in if it's near the end of the game, not during the start, especially a comfortable start like that. This stupidity is inexcusable on this level, as it costs the club much prestige and a lot of money in a serious situation, not to mention millions of fans are absolutely gutted.
In this very rare case, you can say he lost the CL run on his own.

2. The ref is simply put a piece of shit. Like Buffon once said, where a football heart should be, he has a trash can instead. Not even because he gave Araujo that red card, but because he didn't let VAR analyse the situation. If it's a 50/50 thing, VAR can't overrule you anymore. That's why you need to have the decency to let them check a game deciding moment, if it's not 100% clear and the foul wasn't that hard to be that clear. He can always let the VAR analyse, go to the monitor, watch the replay and then if he comes to the decision the situation is enough to decide a QF, then he can still send Araujo off. But this arrogant piece of garbage denied himself that possibility. Maybe he jerks off to pictures of him being the man on the field, I don't know. But he completely misses the sensitivity a ref needs to have in such games. Too much is on the lines in such games to let your shitty personality overrule the right, sensitive behaviour a situation like that needs.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

PSG started with high pressure but that was expectable as they needed a goal and LE had 1 week to prepare them. Even City would have had problems in first 10-15 minutes. But we survived and scored even a goal. After the goal we had control while PSG looked clueless, the red card destroyed everything and gave PSG a huge confidence boost. Such a stupid decision from Araujo, especially because we lead with 2 goals. Then taking out Yamal was another stupid decision.

It's a pity because we would have 'walked' into the final.

Last edited:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Ok, Arujo fucked us over - but the goals we conceded were because we didn't close down fast enough on PSG players, I screamed at the fucking TV "CLOSE DOWN FASTER, CLOSE DOWN FFS!!!". Two goals up though, we should have been able to defend better and counter a couple of times - but Lewa also let us down tbh.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Just 2 things from me:

1. Araujo is extremly stupid, as Gundogan has pointed out. No matter how good he usually is and how many times he saved the team, but we lost this game and a possible final only because of him in the end. If you're not sure you can reach the ball, you let him through. He might miss, ter Stegen might save and even if it's a goal, the outcome is still way better than playing the whole game with one player less.
You only go all-in if it's near the end of the game, not during the start, especially a comfortable start like that. This stupidity is inexcusable on this level, as it costs the club much prestige and a lot of money in a serious situation, not to mention millions of fans are absolutely gutted.
In this very rare case, you can say he lost the CL run on his own.

2. The ref is simply put a piece of shit. Like Buffon once said, where a football heart should be, he has a trash can instead. Not even because he gave Araujo that red card, but because he didn't let VAR analyse the situation. If it's a 50/50 thing, VAR can't overrule you anymore. That's why you need to have the decency to let them check a game deciding moment, if it's not 100% clear and the foul wasn't that hard to be that clear. He can always let the VAR analyse, go to the monitor, watch the replay and then if he comes to the decision the situation is enough to decide a QF, then he can still send Araujo off. But this arrogant piece of garbage denied himself that possibility. Maybe he jerks off to pictures of him being the man on the field, I don't know. But he completely misses the sensitivity a ref needs to have in such games. Too much is on the lines in such games to let your shitty personality overrule the right, sensitive behaviour a situation like that needs.

I dont understand it - if you have the opportunity to watch it again, why you dont do that? Especially in this case, it wasnt even a real foul and it was clear that this Barcola dude will fall down as soon as he notices Araujo's breath behind him.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
infuriating, you take 2 minutes to watch the fucking replay in slow-motion - why even bother with VAR ffs? stupid motherfucker

mesiesta

Xavi did right with the substitution there actually. There is no coach in the world who would take out Lewa in that situation.
When you have a 2 goal lead, you also think about defending during set pieces and catching long balls - Lewa supposed to help us in both of those aspects.
He ended up being very bad in many aspects, but taking out Yamal was the only decision that a normal coach would do there.

Loki

I dont understand it - if you have the opportunity to watch it again, why you dont do that? Especially in this case, it wasnt even a real foul and it was clear that this Barcola dude will fall down as soon as he notices Araujo's breath behind him.
As I wrote, an arrogant piece of shit personality. No decent ref who understands such games and situations are not comparable to your usual league game and need a special sensitivity would rob themselves of the opportunity to rewatch it on the VAR monitor.
Buffon once said it perfectly. He has a trash can in the place where a football heart should have been.

Since a long time i didn't care as much as yesterday. Started to feel confident after the first goal that we'll advance and hopes of reaching the final arose. The second the ref showed the red, i knew it was over. Even with 2 goals ahead and playing at home, the last years tought us that Barca is not a team that brings home the tie in such a situation. Quote the opposite happened, of course they conceeded 4 again, seems to be a required magic number of goals against PSG. Xavi getting sent off again in a difficult situation shows the complete stupidty on the sidelines next to the stupidity on the field from Araujo. Everything flushed down the shitter again, i'm gutted.

draconifire

I don't think the club will ever let go of its roots. it might be a long time before we see another strong Barca that can even sniff the 2004-2008 Riijkard era team that was strong and competitive in the CL and weren't pussies. I am not counting Pep or Lucho years because those squads were once in a lifetime.

Come to think of it, I don't think this club ever won a scrappy title ever. Everything had to be because we were the best club at the time. Shit is really infuriating when you see other teams not bending down with ease like ours.
Ya man honestly, its so disheartening. The first 2 Luco years were my favorite Barca, such fucking entertaining football, even though we felt short many times. I mean its football you cant win every time, not everything is in your hands. This is a spectator game, at least show some entertainment, show some grit, show some passion, defend with 10 people behind the ball if you have to but show some chutzpah for gods sake. We have nothing.

Home of Barca Fans