CL Quarter Final: Barca - PSG 1-4

Messigician

PSG haven’t won a single away game in the champions league this season.

Why is BJJ twerking for them like they’re prime Liverpool lmao

Andresito

Staff member
I hope they will be toothless in the center and that our midfield won't be exposed.

With the LB/LW and RB/RW combinations they'll start with they'll be absolutely deadly on the wings on the other hand. Cancelo will need to have his ass backed up by Raphinha and Cuba. In fact Raphinha will need to be very alert all game with Hakimi.

Xavi has been in these games multiple times before, not as a manager but as a player. That experience will be needed on how to approach the game. How do you act when you have a 1 goal lead at home? It's not a big lead to have but it would also be foolish to go for the win no matter what.
The key component will be keeping the ball as much as possible first and foremost, without being too eager to attack. There will be periods where we'll be pinned back and have to defend deep, that's when I think we can hurt them in counter attacks.

Loki

We need to hold both their pressure phases. They will run like maniacs the first 10-15 minutes of each half like they did in the first leg. We defended the first one well, could stabilize and score the lead. We defended the second poorly and conceded 2 goals in 2 minutes.

JohnN

Start of game is crucial. we tend (in the past at least) to start very cold, slow and calculated which is bad if the other team is out for blood.
my opinion would be to surprise them with really aggressive first 5-10 minutes so they don't get over confident. confidence is something you don't want players like Mbappe to have, we need to frustrate him.

Nazario1985

We need to hold both their pressure phases. They will run like maniacs the first 10-15 minutes of each half like they did in the first leg. We defended the first one well, could stabilize and score the lead. We defended the second poorly and conceded 2 goals in 2 minutes.

Ironically the only good strategy against it is to hold the ball at their half, but we don't know how to recover it fast enough so we might be open to their counters.

Sitting low and defending is 50/50 chance, can work like in the first half or miss like in the second half

Porque

Ironically the only good strategy against it is to hold the ball at their half, but we don't know how to recover it fast enough so we might be open to their counters.

Sitting low and defending is 50/50 chance, can work like in the first half or miss like in the second half

Our issue is we don't have any midfielders that naturally understand defensive space in transitions. Frenkie is a bit blurr on it despite being DMC this season.

Seems Pedri has been deeper since returning though, so I'm assuming Xavi is going for more of a Pedri-Frenkie double pivot with slightly more free Gundagon in front and Raphinha drifting in to make a quartet and quick close downs in the turnover.

Need to not concede early. Hakimi will be pushing up to provide more midfield coverage for PSG tonight. Which will be a challenge if we are behind but a huge opportunity for Cancelo and Raphinha if we can exploit this.

feggydinho

Cmon brother that guy is a bum.
You probably don't watch them, Hakimi and Zayn Emery are also solid. Barcola is okay.

Vitinha has been quality, he created that Dembele's chance that hit the bar and Barcola chance that Araujo stopped.

I feel like the tie is in our hands though, literally ours to lose

FC B

Xavi got it right in the first leg and the players were clutch especially in attack. Better they manage the same today or risk KO.

It's crucial not to crumble upon pressure particularly right after conceding a goal.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

You probably don't watch them, Hakimi and Zayn Emery are also solid. Barcola is okay.

Vitinha has been quality, he created that Dembele's chance that hit the bar and Barcola chance that Araujo stopped.

I feel like the tie is in our hands though, literally ours to lose

Agree, Vitinha is by far their most dangerous midfield player, guy knows how to create chances + has a very good shooting technique (also from long distance).

Barcola will cause danger on his side with his dribblings.

Kounde and Cancelo needs to stay focused, they will attack from the wings.

Hope Xavi made a phone call with EV for some advices. Lets go!

Messigician

Man I have a bad feeling their predicted starting 11 is so much stronger this time around while we lost Christensen and Roberto

Home of Barca Fans