Barça sign Lucas Digne for 5 years

Neymessi

Can he play any other positions? If he is restricted solely to Lb then its a bit too much for the price when he will be on the bench most of the time. Also we had umtiti who could play backup Lb and was a backup cb to begin with so there is very few chance of one of our cb and jordi alba to be injured at the same time. I am obviously missing something since everyone is very happy about this.

Icarium

Lifestealer
He can only LB. People are just trying to be optimistic here as we already have Alba as a starter and Digne is an upgrade over Adriano. Barca should have gone for more versatile full back. This is a bad deal.

Well i hope the kid matured at Roma, because he failed hard at PSG after a promising spell with Lille.

PSG replaced him right away with another french LB of the same age (kurzawa) who succeeded.

F

Flavia

Can he play any other positions? If he is restricted solely to Lb then its a bit too much for the price when he will be on the bench most of the time. Also we had umtiti who could play backup Lb and was a backup cb to begin with so there is very few chance of one of our cb and jordi alba to be injured at the same time. I am obviously missing something since everyone is very happy about this.

That means Umtiti was brought to be a cb, no more make-shift LB's. Some competition and rest for Alba, who is 27 and injury prone. Also means Vermaelen is going. I can't see many downsides to this signing. Psg bought him for 13m in 2013. I think it was a reasonable fee, with the current market inflation.

ss81bja

Psshh....why you guys worrying!!!!...the french players and the french league have been kind to us.......ex..cept...PSG.......Henry.....Abidal.....what can go wrong....France did make the UERO 2016 final!!!!!!

raki

Well i hope the kid matured at Roma, because he failed hard at PSG after a promising spell with Lille.

PSG replaced him right away with another french LB of the same age (kurzawa) who succeeded.

Kurzawa did not succeded. Maxwell playel the most games and also the major ones. With 34 years.

Barça tried Guerreiro for 12M but he do not wanted to be a bench player. Dortmund "promied" him a starting feature.

Altomonte

good idea to focus more on European players instead of South American stars that play for their respective national teams and arrive jet lagged and exhausted after FIFA breaks.

Home of Barca Fans