Atlético Madrid

PhilS

This is not a pretty team. Watching them is no delight for the neutral.

Outplaying AM for most of the game means nothing, because that will probably not get you the lead. This team will almost never lose, and will win by one a lot. I hope they win no more than one more cup this season.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Raul Garcia is Atleti's Cesc Fabregas. An excess player that the coach tries to shove into the team who has no 'home' position, disrupts the quality of their play, and has only one notable ability (heading). Baffling how he gets any sort of preference, his rather large negative impact on their team has cost them quite a bit this season.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Atletico and Real suffering while we are in hot seat in the early stages. I hope this does not get into players head and become complacent. I hope they continue to work hard and produce more and more clean sheets.

B

beautifulgame

Raul Garcia is Atleti's Cesc Fabregas. An excess player that the coach tries to shove into the team who has no 'home' position, disrupts the quality of their play, and has only one notable ability (heading). Baffling how he gets any sort of preference, his rather large negative impact on their team has cost them quite a bit this season.

Not suitable comparison

Hamzah

High Definition Member

He is a very good and versatile player for them who gives a different option.

zanela

Fans of a team poor at set plays hating on a team that excel in set plays. Standard. :lol:

I love how Simeone has transformed his men in to a gritty-fearless-efficient entity. A reflection of his own self.

If there were lessons to be learned from the world of football, Atlético's david slaying the two Goliaths would be at the forefront of all. Men like Simeone and Klopp lend credibility to a game marred by fin. perversion at every level. By tapping in to the basic and primal human qualities, they demonstrate that you can reach the summit whatever adversity or shortcomings. They may operate differently in an aesthetic sense, but the language they speak is one. <3

Long live honest football endeavors that the human in all of us can relate to.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He is a very good and versatile player for them who gives a different option.

As a 'utility player', he'd be fine. The thing is, he is often given way too much preference despite the fact that he's very poor on the ball and doesn't add to their overall game. For example, his inclusion in the league match against RM left Atleti with only a single playmaker (Koke) and their entire 1st half was very unstable and just booting long balls with 0 control. Afterwards, it was Griezmann and Arda who changed the game for Atletico by making their ground plays flow better and achieve an acceptable pass success rate. Putting in RG8 to sacrifice one of Griezmann/Arda is a big mistake. Simeone would do well to acknowledge him as a capable backup instead of someone to shove into the starting lineup all the time. Even Jimenez is better on the ball than he is and better aerially as well, just needs the adaptation time to get to his best.

RG8 is one of those players that if over-prioritized, has and will be a detriment to the team.

barcanuck

These dirty bastards lead all teams in Europe in cards, 23 yellows so far! Unreal.

Ironically Malaga is dirtier with 16 yellows and 4 reds. We know what to expect when we play Atletico. No room, lots of fouls and dangerous set pieces.

Irish_Cules

This is huge. It basically implies that every other player that played in the match is guilty as well. 9 other matches are being investigated as well.

Such a shame....I really liked Gabi. Massive blow to Atletico.

Sid90

This is huge. It basically implies that every other player that played in the match is guilty as well. 9 other matches are being investigated as well.

Such a shame....I really liked Gabi. Massive blow to Atletico.

Match fixing c**ts are the lowest of the low whoever gets convicted should be banned for life but considering Gabi's footballing and financial status I wouldn't be surprised if he is on the football pitch once again.

B

beautifulgame

Match fixing c**ts are the lowest of the low whoever gets convicted should be banned for life but considering Gabi's footballing and financial status I wouldn't be surprised if he is on the football pitch once again.

just slightly worse than war mongerers and torturers huh?

Lol so worked up. There's much bigger issues in the world to be concerned about

F

Flavia

So what there's much bigger issues? Will you stop living because there are people starving? It's an issue that needs addressing as well.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

He is obviously talking about FOOTBALL, so why bring in other things?

Match fixing is the worst offence in sports IMO.

Home of Barca Fans