Álex Valle (loaned to Levante)

Andresito

Staff member
VALLE.jpg

valle.png

Andresito

Staff member
The idea of Valle staying with the first team next season is gaining strength. He would replace Marcos Alonso in the squad. @gbsans

Porque

This is a player that I always liked alot. In a way, he does certain things better than Balde, though Balde is the much better player and had an incredible development last season.

I fear his lack of pace and strength defensively though at the top level. Ideally we can loan him to LaLiga and have a "see what happens" scenario.

vuji_31

To bad our idiotic board could not get Grimaldo for free...

He is killing in Bundesliga, and it is worth now minimal 50mil.

He want there for free.

Messi983

Grimaldo wanted regular minutes he wouldn't get here. Also signed with Bayer back in May (and probably had agreement with them weeks or even months before) when we couldn't afford him.

This is a player that I always liked alot. In a way, he does certain things better than Balde, though Balde is the much better player and had an incredible development last season.

I fear his lack of pace and strength defensively though at the top level. Ideally we can loan him to LaLiga and have a "see what happens" scenario.

Yes, that would be ideal for his development but we need a backup (or even better a true competition) for Balde next season. That said Fermin has also never played above Primera RFEF level before this season and he's doing more than fine so why Valle couldn't do the same? Especially if he could also bring some good form/momentum back from his loan spell like Fermin did.

But if we decide he needs more time to develop should we then sign another veteran stop gap for a season or two? I've looked at the list of LBs with expiring contracts and is pretty underwhelming.

The best option would be return of Miranda if Betis won't renew him before January. He's developed ok at and has actual La Liga experience unlike Valle so could give him a chance and see what happens.

Depends on how this season goes and how much money we'll have to spend next summer but I would be ok if we'd sign Cancelo (or potentially someone younger like Vanderson) and then have Valle and Julian Araujo (who is also doing well on his loan) as backups. Not great but better than keeping likes of Malonso and Roberto around.

Porque

You are correct. We need a LB but I just don't feel Valle will get the minutes here to develop. And that would be my priority ahead of being Balde's backup.

Miranda coming back would be smart business but he will can probably get a starting role in a tier 2 side like Villa.

A second option is that we don't need to necessarily sign a LB nor use Valle. Mikayil Faye looks like he has the characteristics to play the defensive 1on1 LB role should need be, so if he is in first team dynamics can cover two positions.

For what it's worth, I have watched nearly every B team game this season (I'm sure you have too) and he is head and shoulders the best defender and (naturally given age) ahead of Pau Cubarsi for now. Xavi should be giving Faye the first team call-ups right now as I know which I would trust more if they needed to be brought into the first 11 as sub.

khaled_a_d

Miranda coming back would be smart business but he will can probably get a starting role in a tier 2 side like Villa.

I doubt he can do better than Betis atm
Maybe a loan for Cucurella would be a good option?
A good stop gap, different characteristics than Balde, right age, knows the club and is actually a much better player than Miranda. Chelsea would probably be open doing this considering he is a flop for them atm

Messi983

I doubt he can do better than Betis atm
Maybe a loan for Cucurella would be a good option?
A good stop gap, different characteristics than Balde, right age, knows the club and is actually a much better player than Miranda. Chelsea would probably be open doing this considering he is a flop for them atm

He started last 4 games, looks like Poch counts on him.

Messi983

He unfortunately lost his spot in the Levante XI lately. Suffered a muscle injury in February around the time Levante sacked Javier Calleja and their SD Felipe Minambres took over as interim manager. Only played 2 out of 7 games since then. Was not in match squad against Ferroll but that was after just returning from injury. After that he played full 90 minutes against Andorra and 1 minute vs Valladolid last week and stayed on the bench in other games. Reportedly Minambres plays a more direct football so Valle doesn't fit into his system. Hopefully he'll still manage to get some playing time before end of the season.

Will be interesting to see what we'll do with him. With emergence of Fort we are unlikely to have a spot in the first team for him next season. But even with this setback lately I still think Valle had a positive overall loan spell and improve his value so could see him being sold with a buy back. Otherwise will probably renew his contract and send him on another loan. Unless BA is promoted and we decide it's the best to keep him and use his Segunda experience. And who knows maybe can get some first team minutes as well (depending on what we'll do at the LB position there). He'll turn 20 in two weeks and I'm not sure if he's ready for regular minutes in La liga but maybe could be a squad player for a lower table team.

khaled_a_d

I think he will get the Miranda/Monchu way and be sold for peanuts or for free with buyback option and big % of his resale.

Home of Barca Fans