xXKonan

liverpool-v-southampton-premier-league-anfield-10-310x415.jpg

Full name: Alberto Moreno Pérez

Date of birth: July 5, 1992 (26)

Place of birth: Seville, Spain

Height: 1.71 m (5 ft 7 in)

Playing position: Left Back

Current Club: Liverpool F.C

Alberto Moreno was born in Seville, Spain where he would eventually join Sevilla's youth setup and eventually making it to the first team. He would later be bought by Liverpool in 2014 and with his contract ending in 2019 and being out of favor at Liverpool in the last couple of seasons for James Milner and Andy Robertson, Moreno will leave Liverpool at the end of the season.

Increasing speculation in the media says we are offering him a 2-3 year contract as Jordi Alba's backup.

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

Would take him, especially for free because his contract runs out.

Having him is better than no backup LB.

Havesaks

Would take him, especially for free because his contract runs out.

Having him is better than no backup LB.

alternative wouldn't be no back-up, but luis or some other player. Personally i want luis (2-3 y) and after him Albas successor (talent) to take over after alba.

Arizona Scott

Terrible idea, Moreno is very defensively weak and merely OK with when his team has the ball. Roberto is 10x the player of this guy, rather use him to sub at both RB and LB positions. I watch Liverpool a lot. There is a reason Liverpool will turn to James Miller (with LB like his 4th best position, somewhat like Bob though they are different style of players except their versatility) if they have to play a LB other than Andrew Robertson.

Honestly Moreno is not fit for the bench of a world club side. I think he will join Lazio with his old Liverpool buddy Lucas Leiva who found another 5+ years and found himself all of a sudden a much better athlete by moving to Serie A.

Much rather go with Luis or Monreal and see if that little fellow on loan or another young LB emerges, or pick up most any La Liga starting LB as Jordi's replacement. Not worth the using a roster spot for Moreno.

xXKonan

He's the Walmart version of Jordi Alba.

He's fast and about the same height but the quality on both ends is what you expect.

EdmondDantes

He's super fast, and had that great half a season before Robertson took over last year but it's a no from me. Not reliable.

El Gato

Villarato!
Fits the current transfer choices perfectly. Another one to the Murillo, KPB collection of the types of backups who joyfully piss their pants at the thought of being approached by Barcelona given their respective positions in original clubs. Note that doesn't say any of them are useless. But it creates no competition, only comfort and reassurance for starters.

Porque

I do not think he will be a bad player back in LaLiga. For the amount of games Alba misses he will be OK against most LaLiga sides. It gives time for Miranda to develop or for us to find a proper long term solution.

Not the strongest option though, and probably better to invest up to 20m on a solid option like the Sylvinho, Maxwell, Adriano, Digne days rather than go the free route.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Fits the current transfer choices perfectly. Another one to the Murillo, KPB collection of the types of backups who joyfully piss their pants at the thought of being approached by Barcelona given their respective positions in original clubs. Note that doesn't say any of them are useless. But it creates no competition, only comfort and reassurance for starters.

Murillo has been decent but KPB is utterly useless and I am afraid Moreno is like the latter. What is the point of getting a backup who is of no use? Sure he poses no threat to Alba but should we ever need to use him he will be no good.

Our bench has no place for a Liverpool reject.

Home of Barca Fans