8 - Pedri

ajnotkeith

It's not plausible.

It's always the same players that get injured frequently. And those players had issue before too, unsurprisingly.
But Pedri has never.
Fati its reasonable to say that for because he has a long history throughout his youth of injury problems but Pedri did not have that until late 2021. Now he is suddenly incredibly injury prone despite never being injured for Las Palmas or during his debut season.

serghei

He played an absurd number of games for a 18 year-old in 2020-21. That most likely played a big part in his injuries.

NKMaribor

I am critical of Xavi, but if the physical part of his training would be such shit, there would be much more players having issues on regular basis.

In case of Pedri, the main reason behind his injuries is simply he has poor material. Simple as that.

serghei

I am critical of Xavi, but if the physical part of his training would be such shit, there would be much more players having issues on regular basis.

In case of Pedri, the main reason behind his injuries is simply he has poor material. Simple as that.

The big caveat being that most teenagers have not so good physical material to carry the minutes of a mature adult. Even with diet and professional trainings, you can't beat nature. Peak muscle mass occurs between the ages of 16 and 20 years in females and between 18 and 25 years in males.

serghei

Pedri might stop getting these injuries in his mid 20s. It is quite likely imo. Dembele seems to be doing that too.

YodaMaster

:lol: Dude, when Xavi's staff got here, they found Pedri injured. Same thing with Dembele, if anything he played more under Xavi than in previous years.

Get you facts straight at least.
Xavi’s staff is still incompetent, but you’re right our medical teams over the last decade have all been shit. It needs to be fixed before everybody in this club becomes injury prone.

Injury prone Dembélé hasn’t been injured once since he left the club.

NKMaribor

The big caveat being that most teenagers have not so good physical material to carry the minutes of a mature adult. Even with diet and professional trainings, you can't beat nature. Peak muscle mass occurs between the ages of 16 and 20 years in females and between 18 and 25 years in males.

You don’t need peak muscle mass to play pro-football. The biggest issue of young players is cognitive one, not physical one.

Pedri is simply built like Yugo.

OVI9323

Xavi’s staff is still incompetent, but you’re right our medical teams over the last decade have all been shit. It needs to be fixed before everybody in this club becomes injury prone.

Injury prone Dembélé hasn’t been injured once since he left the club.
He was injured for the last psg game but yeah, overall pretty good season for him so far

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

I'm more worried about his future than his injuries. What position is he going to be world class in?

It would take a dramatic shift in goal threat to be world class as a attacking mid. The instinct for goal is just not there, neither is the finishing or long shots.

As a natural CM, he would have a far better chance, but he needs to massively improve his long passing and tackling even in this position.

His stock is still massively high, both Pep and Klopp would probably be interested.

I'm still adamant that any serious bid above 120m is something I would accept for him, albeit grudgingly.

BJJ

I'm more worried about his future than his injuries. What position is he going to be world class in?

It would take a dramatic shift in goal threat to be world class as a attacking mid. The instinct for goal is just not there, neither is the finishing or long shots.

As a natural CM, he would have a far better chance, but he needs to massively improve his long passing and tackling even in this position.

His stock is still massively high, both Pep and Klopp would probably be interested.

I'm still adamant that any serious bid above 120m is something I would accept for him, albeit grudgingly.
100 million plus and I would sell. Yes, he could go and become an outstanding player but we need to take the chance imo. 100 million wisely spent could help the club immensely.

Porque

He is the footballing spirit of Juan Carlos Valeron reincarnated.

Just have him stand in the hole, look knackered all the time and pass the ball around.

Home of Barca Fans