8 - Pedri

Bobo32

Well, Ferran is dollar store Ronaldo. So not sure how or why we should compare him with what Pedri does on the ball.

I am saying that if you put Pedri (or Gavi for that matter) on the wing then their dribbles and sways would be more exposed and less successful. Like Iniesta there.

The beauty of what Pedri does is because his game is so well rounded and expanded that from midfield, the opposition can't read what he is going to do. He can go long, short, dribble, turn, anything. And with that he plays on and off rythm as Bobo said, reading the movement and timing of the opponent. Gavi does the same, in a different way (and more closer to Messi while Pedri to Zidane if we want to make references) in timing that extra half a second to escape a tackle.

So when he does pull off the dribble, it is magical in both functionality and appearance.

Yeah I agree with this, and another thing Pedri does well is play the defenders out against each other, making them both think it's the other one who should pressure and tackle. Naturally, there are more players centrally and so more opportunities for these kinds of actions.
I don't think he is great in an isolated 1v1, but I am pretty sure he is great in for example isolated 3v3 training drills.

I still think he'd be a good choice for that Gavi inverted LW role, perhaps it is partly Gavis better ability to threaten with runs in behind that makes Xavi prefer Gavi before Pedri there, but I am sure he also just really wants Pedri centrally. I don't think that Pedri and Frenkie together is a great CM pair, even though they found each other a bit better than before sometimes against Galatasaray. I could see Pedri deliver some great Ronaldinho style through balls from that flank, and then also sneak inside to the #10 space like David Silva from there.

Zidane82

No it isn't. None of you could imagine two years back that we could have young player of such magnitude in our ranks and be again uphill thanks to that.

Exactly.. although we have at least TWO amazing young lads .. Pedri snd Gavi are already exceptional and there is so much more to come from them both

Bobo32

You talk so much, but say so little. You could have some native indian name tailored after this feat.
Missed this post.
My post was an honest and fair description of his playing style, filled with original thought and examples. It can't be said to be empty of meaning, but maybe you saw hints of meaning you didn't like so you posted this mean reply to my discussion attempt? Porque liked my post, and I think he is an example of a poster here who do not get too emotionally attached to certain players, and partly because of that he is one of the most interesting and fun members here.

I see myself as more 'judging' than 'perceiving' in Jungs terms usually, but this post was only a perception post. Most of you here are so extremely judgemental though, defending "your" players like women defend their friends at the first hint of critique - with high pitched voices and little thought, only focused on rationalizing the behaviour of the ally no matter what. One week one player is the ally and the next week it's the other one...

Tonights game is a big test for Pedri!

Nello

That cheeky little chip to Ferran in the first half was beautiful. Cant believe this guy is ours, probably one the most mature, composed and talented 19 year olds I've seen.

Home of Barca Fans