7 - Ferran Torres

Mateka

Buy or loan?

Marca report that Barca have reached a total agreement on personal terms with Manchester City winger Ferran Torres.

Barcelona’s Director of Football, Mateu Alemany, was reportedly in Manchester today to finalise the signing of Raheem Sterling. The Englishman, however, acted as a smoke-screen while Alemany negotiated for Torres.

While the two of the three parties involved have come to the finalisation of terms, the third – Man City – are not there yet. The English side want a better economic offer from the Catalan giants, which may cause some sirens to go off in the Camp Nou offices.

A loan deal for the winger, who can play as a centre-forward, might be what Barca are looking for in the short-term, but eventually they will have to focus on the signing of a proper no. 9.
Barca universal

Last edited:

serghei

Not sure Torres is all that either, but beggars can't be choosers.

I like his age very much. 22-24 years old is great margin for us. Any older and they could be past their peak by the time we could possibly challenge for a CL.
I see minimum 2-3 years of doing things right before we can be confident in a CL knockout again.

Pep should give us a hand here. Be a good sport. Right-winger who could play false 9 if needed is what we need.

Ansu Fati - Ferran Torres - Dembele.

Last edited:

Mateka

What I find strange is that there is no mention in Manchester Evening News of Torres. To add to it, an article today interviewing Pep is about City needing a striker. Pep elaborates on false 9 etc but no mention of Torres being available soon. Before injury - playing for Spain - Torres was on form and doing well.

The fact that he was not mentioned may confirm a deal was being thrashed out.

Dare I say, born in Spain but made in Manchester. City picked him up for 20m.

Last edited:

Mateka

Why is he so desperate to leave?

I don’t know if he is desperate. He has done well at City. The injury, playing for Spain, has held him back. When he is fit there is much competition for places and City endeavouring to play a false 9 does not help him.

Plus for a Spanish player, the opportunity of playing for Barca and possibly a regular starting place, the freezing rain in Manchester and keeping himself in the spotlight for the national team are major factors.

Price? City paid 20m.

Have City got another striker lined up?

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans