21 - Frenkie de Jong

Windhook

He'd be out for total of 120 days with the recent third ankle injury just this season. 20 games. 1/3 of a season.

I'm afraid the time he returns he'd be worried about the next injury, not striving for winning games. Damaged goods.

vuji_31

Good news are that he is on transfer list concidering reports.

It is time to part ways, he didn't improve single ascept of his game in last 5 years.

serghei

He'd be out for total of 120 days with the recent third ankle injury just this season. 20 games. 1/3 of a season.

I'm afraid the time he returns he'd be worried about the next injury, not striving for winning games. Damaged goods.

Was hoping at one point to be the one good apple in a basket of rotten apples handed over by Bartomeu to the next board. But nope, this one is decaying too.

jamrock

Just remember barto spent close to 500,000,000 on

Cardioman
Dembele
Coutinho
De Jong

Everything single one failed, Not to mention the crazy salaries.

Wanna know why we are were we are right now? it's right there.

And people talk about laporta and xavi.

Porque

Cardioman
Dembele
Coutinho
De Jong

Good post. To be honest it was the salaries that killed us though more than the signing fees.

That and fitting square pegs into round holes (Coutinho and Travolta while we had Nic Cage).

Put Dembele and Griezmann in our team of this season and last and it improves for example. Hell, he showed signs of it under Koeman until he was shipped off.

jamrock

Good post. To be honest it was the salaries that killed us though more than the signing fees.

That and fitting square pegs into round holes (Coutinho and Travolta while we had Nic Cage).

Put Dembele and Griezmann in our team of this season and last and it improves for example. Hell, he showed signs of it under Koeman until he was shipped off.

Yea it was 60-70% the salaries, giving a bunch of players in their late 20's and 30s massive contracts was never a good idea, plus barto basically gave every new signing massive contract.

It was never a case of it's your privilege to play for what was then, the biggest/best team in the world.

Plus the square pegs, buying 2 players who's best position was where Messi played.

Just so many failings.

Trafalgar

Cardioman
Dembele
Coutinho
De Jong

To be honest, we all wanted these players, and I remember some people in this forum even said who cares about the money it's not like we're spending from our own pockets.
However, I agree with you on Cardioman, that transfer was simply foolish we didnt need him.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Cardioman
Dembele
Coutinho
De Jong

Neymar left in 2017 and we've still not managed to sign a natural left-winger.

I'm disgusted.

I just want both flanks to be able to win 1v1 and be a legitimate attacking threat.

jamrock

To be honest, we all wanted these players, and I remember some people in this forum even said who cares about the money it's not like we're spending from our own pockets.
However, I agree with you on Cardioman, that transfer was simply foolish we didnt need him.
Personally I didn't want Cardioman or coutinho, they were both too expensive and wanted to play in the same space as Messi

I was big on Dembele though.

serghei

Neymar left in 2017 and we've still not managed to sign a natural left-winger.

I'm disgusted.

I just want both flanks to be able to win 1v1 and be a legitimate attacking threat.

Current setup with Raphinha is good. The bigger issue is defensive midfielder and leftback to replace Cancelo who is a calamity at the back.

Star LW is a secondary objective imo. Gonna soon have a huge problem at no9.

Our LW was by a distance the best player vs PSG. And PSG tie is the best test we have in years as far as player performance in a high-pressure scenario is concerned.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Current setup with Raphinha is good. The bigger issue is defensive midfielder and leftback to replace Cancelo who is a calamity at the back.

Star LW is a secondary objective imo. Gonna soon have a huge problem at no9.

Our LW was by a distance the best player vs PSG. And PSG tie is the best test we have in years as far as player performance in a high-pressure scenario is concerned.

It is not, and Raphinha was decisive, but he did not really play that well.

Home of Barca Fans