Financial Fair Play (News, debates, opinions, Platini, etc.)

R

Ryu Hayabusa

So Frenchman Platini wants to reduce the restrictions of FFP as well as resulting sanctions. PSG being french probably has nothing to do with it... Cronies wherever you look at, FIFA, UEFA. Unbelievable.

barcanuck

So Frenchman Platini wants to reduce the restrictions of FFP as well as resulting sanctions. PSG being french probably has nothing to do with it... Cronies wherever you look at, FIFA, UEFA. Unbelievable.

Yeah that was never going to last long. Everyone complaining they can't just keep spending and not selling.

So what ? Is Platini on PSG's payroll ? Or is he a psg fan because every french person is a psg fan ?

Isn't platini the guy who pushed for FFP in the first place ? Was he then on the payroll of barça, madrid, man utd, etc ?

Bertus

The main reason is because the new owners of italian clubs are pushing for it. Especially the upcoming new owner of AC Milan.

Bertus

So what ? Is Platini on PSG's payroll ? Or is he a psg fan because every french person is a psg fan ?

Isn't platini the guy who pushed for FFP in the first place ? Was he then on the payroll of barça, madrid, man utd, etc ?
Platini said nothing about PSG. He said the new system would just help the new owners, PSG is not a new owner anymore.

No one in France, for now, believes PSG will get less sanctions this summer.

The only rumor is that the wages ceiling will now take in account the country taxes when calculated. Since France is the European Taxes Champion, PSG and other french clubs would get a little push.

Nothing is confirmed, but if it happens, it's 100% normal to take in account the difference in taxes.

Last edited:

Sterlingfan2000

Psg can only spent 50m , if they increase it to 100million, I think it would be fair. But not more, or else england and sheiks clubs will bankroll other countrys

BenRobbins

If Platini gets rid of or even eases FFP then it is an absolute farce and he should be sacked. Clubs are beginning to be ran the correct way and now prices off players are going to sky rocket even more. What a joke.

Jair Ventura

If Platini gets rid of or even eases FFP then it is an absolute farce and he should be sacked. Clubs are beginning to be ran the correct way and now prices off players are going to sky rocket even more. What a joke.

FFP should begin penalizing clubs that operate with gross amounts of debt ala Man United.

As for Paris? It will be announced by the end of May or the beginning of June that sanctions are being relaxed. Im interested in seeing just how it affects spending this summer, I imagine it'll be positive.

JamDav1982

FFP should begin penalizing clubs that operate with gross amounts of debt ala Man United.

As for Paris? It will be announced by the end of May or the beginning of June that sanctions are being relaxed. Im interested in seeing just how it affects spending this summer, I imagine it'll be positive.

No FFP is to help prevent clubs going in to debt in future and stop billionaire backed clubs distorting the market.

It is not to penalise clubs who have built up debt in the past. Only penalise them if they are not clearing it.

BenRobbins

We are clearing ours every year. Debt is a part of business. Real and Barca have debts, loads of clubs have debt but it is managed correctly. FFP is too stop sheiks and Arabs buggering off after spending hundreds of millions a year and then leaving a club in the shit to fold.

Jair Ventura

No FFP is to help prevent clubs going in to debt in future and stop billionaire backed clubs distorting the market.

FFP should help to prevent poor clubs like United from distorting the market with monies they don't really have.

It is not to penalise clubs who have built up debt in the past. Only penalise them if they are not clearing it.

Is United clearing their debt? Wouldn't know. Last I looked it was somewhere north of a half a billion.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Sorry, whenever I smell something fishy with more than one Frenchmen involved, I will always be the first to call "conspiracy!" :p

Jair Ventura

We are clearing ours every year. Debt is a part of business. Real and Barca have debts, loads of clubs have debt but it is managed correctly. FFP is too stop sheiks and Arabs buggering off after spending hundreds of millions a year and then leaving a club in the shit to fold.

Sounds prejudiced if not an infringement upon the fundamental principles of capitalism. Good thing it's being heavily criticized, and it's regulations relaxed.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

+1

JamDav1982

FFP should help to prevent poor clubs like United from distorting the market with monies they don't really have.

Is United clearing their debt? Wouldn't know. Last I looked it was somewhere north of a half a billion.

Man Utd are clearing their debt and will pay for everything they do from their own income.

Clubs like that should no way be penalised while billionaire backed clubs pay for virtually nothing themselves and try to manufacture dodgy sponsorship deals to get round FFP.

Home of Barca Fans