Ivan Rakitić

mark1nhu

I still have hopes on seeing Suarez coming back to that form or close to it. Can't definitely say the same about Raki.

xXKonan

I mean when it comes to Suarez, despite his awful form he was already known for his fight till the death mentality and served us well no question. Rakitic though? He had that good form in the second half of the treble season and it went away after that.

Rakitic has a lot of limitations but you know what the difference between him and the likes of Paulinho? mentality. Paulinho has his own limitations but you can see he actually a fighter and generally wants to fight for the shirt.

Can't be said for Rakitic who's playing like this is a retirement home.

God Serena

I still don't really like Paulinho for our midfield but the difference in mentality is like night and day. Both players are 29 yet one seems like he genuinely wants to win fans over and is trying his best every minute he's out there while the other doesn't look like he even wants to be out there despite having a secured spot as a starter. Rakitic is quickly becoming another Arda Turan in how much effort he gives and I think it's ridiculous that Valverde can recognize Arda's lack of effort and notice Gomes doesn't offer much to the team but remains blind when it comes to Rakitic's lack of ability and effort, especially with players like Denis and Roberto starving for midfield minutes, both of whom would try much harder and play better than him by some distance, as well as Alena, who all around is just a better player with a better mentality even at his young age.

gatsu

This fraud has been the main problem of our midfield after the treple season. Right now he achieved new level of mediocrity. I don't care just replace him with anyone else. Even the clueless gomes can do better.

vlad

rakitic was never good enough for barca, never, when barca bought him i was suprised, but he is still here and still he is in first 11, barca is sinking ship,

xXKonan

And we gave him a contract extension as well one that he didn't deserve considering his performances since the treble season.

He's had some good performances here and there but it's rare. We need a starting CM that can consistently can put out class performances and add creativity like we need, right now Rakitic offers none of that.

Raketa10

What stings the most is that he's been undisputed starter for 4 years now :lol:

Dude you have some serious issues. Your avatar is beyond stupid.

He is playing bad and he should be benched but calling him fraud is just wrong. We should have sold him this summer but nevertheless some people here are definitely not Barca fans not to mention more than half of you here probably never played football.

Barca have absolutely worst fan base in the universe. We have 8 wins in a row but there is still so much hate and negativity here. Some fans here only remember times when we were beating Real 5-0 or 6-2 and for them that’s a reference point. This forum is beyond depressing.

Last edited:

hamoon32

Hope this is his last year. He is a good squad player atm, nothing more. Really drives me crazy that we didn't bother to spend 40 m for Seri which would be a direct solution to our midfield problems.

God Serena

Dude you have some serious issues. Your avatar is beyond stupid.

He is playing bad and he should be benched but calling him fraud is just wrong. We should have sold him this summer but nevertheless some people here are definitely not Barca fans not to mention more than half of you here probably never played football.

Barca have absolutely worst fan base in the universe. We have 8 wins in a row but there is still so much hate and negativity here. Some fans here only remember times when we were beating Real 5-0 or 6-2 and for them that’s a reference point. This forum is beyond depressing.

The only one here that's "Beyond stupid" is you. I guess it really must be depressing when you're a blatant fanboy of a player and can no longer go "Hurr dur treble season" to try and excuse his obvious failings because one bad season has turned into 2, which is quickly turning into 3.

If the fanbase is really so fucking horrible why don't you just leave? You won't be missed bud.

xXKonan

Remember last season for like 1-2 months stretch when it looked like Rakitic lost his starting spot to Gomes. I think at some point even Lucho saw that Rakitic wasn't getting the job done but instead he tried using Gomes and that didn't work out well and Rakitic eventually regained his spot.

Rakitic doesn't strike me as a guy that would take to kindly to riding the bench. He got fortunate during that season that our Midfield options beyond him ended up being crap and that made him look good and with Bob being forced to play in the RB spot.

xXKonan

He had a role during the second half of the treble season and he did it well. But since then things changed, he's gotten slower and he lost the mentality as well and he no longer has Alves-Messi on the RW to cover up for his deficiencies.

I mean we got Semedo and Dembele but even if we play a winger and Semedo he's still a weak link in the Midfield. He simply doesn't have what we need.

Albo

If he starts against Las Palmas I'm just going to skip the game and watch it later with every footage of Rakitic touching the ball cut out.

Home of Barca Fans