Paulinho

xXKonan

I mean it wasn't some tap in either. He flat out muscled Djené, who was giving Suarez problems all day and scored a banger.

Jcar

Guys, i wanted to make a topic about a new young CM that Brazil's manager (Tite) just called to the National Team: Arthur (its the first time). Can i just go and create a topic on the "Other Players" session? Or do i have to wait for some news about him appearing in marca, sport, etc? I think that this boy (21 years old) is the first brazilian's midfilder that has Barcelona's DNA since Coutinho. Seriously, watching this guy play, i think he really is the real deal, not another Lucas Silva at all. While i wachted Lucas, i had that impression that he was too slow for European football (Like Sevillla's Ganso) and did not have the vision and brain to dictate the rhythm of the game, But that Arthur boy... I acctually dare to say that he reminds me of Iniesta sometimes. He can drible when needed, has great vision and a good ratio of passes (pass sucess percentage of 93% https://www.whoscored.com/Players/284114/Show/Arthur). He played his first game for Grêmio like it was nothing, debuted this year and is already one of the names in the National Team radar (almost as fast as Gabriel Jesus). I think that we need to move fast to get him while he is cheaper... Now that he was called by the NT, he will certainly bring more attention of teams that are searching for players that can control the game. Grêmio's Luan is also a good player, he is one of those that can play as false 9, he was doing it until last year.

Arthur is a player that you have to watch to judge, because he plays with his brains. Is something like Muller, his real quality is his head.

maxresdefault.jpg

Arthur vs Botafogo:

[youtube]unR9MAEBlU4[/youtube]

Small video:

[youtube]l_EOFAb2M04[/youtube]

Longer video:

[youtube]bSUX-gPTcDw[/youtube]

And if you are worried about him understanding Barcelona's style, look at how Grêmio (Arthur team's) try to play ball (for some time already).

[youtube]wAk5yc4aMzQ[/youtube]

Anyway, can i actually make this post a new topic for Arthur?

BarcaJack

Just found out that our LORD had a very badass nickname in China. According to Chinese fans, "Pauli" sounds like "violent" in Chinese, and "nho" sounds like a slang for "dick"... So he is basically "the violent dick" in China. Pretty cool, hah? :paulinho:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
1 fucking goal from a player who played for 15 minutes and this forum goes nuts. Rakitic scored plenty like this one. Even Arda and Rafinha scored few good goals. You people are crazy he still hasn't proved anything he is still far from significant team reinforcement.

This forum... :facepalm:

He plays on the left, he plays on the right, that boy Paulinho makes Raki look shite

xXKonan

If Lucho was still here, it wouldn't even be surprising if Paulinho was a starter under him over Rakitic.

He literally fits what Lucho wants out of a Midfielder.

Decent height-5 ft 11 1⁄2 in (1.81 m) tall

Energy and Muscle and decent pace.

Seems fearless in his runs into the box and scores.

He exactly fits the profile Lucho wants out of a Midfielder, more so than Gomes and Arda. :lol:

I'm still not judging him, b.c I haven't seen enough from him, but I'm glad to say I was never one of those people constantly putting him down, even before he even arrived.

I hope he is capable of replacing Busquets on games where the ball is divided.

For now, happy for him.

You are correct on your stance.

Still, paulinho is not a ideal fit for Barça. He'll struggle to find his way because people that said he's not the typical barça midifielder are 100% correct. He's not a finésse player, even tho he contributes a lot offensively. Now, the question was and still is: does barça need a different type of midfielder like him? If yes, will the coach try to make it work? If so, he'll be great for Barça, if not, if they try to just tell him to imitate raktic, then he'll fail.

This is coming from someone that posted praises after this game, but I only was showing that people that said he was trash and only a 'energy guy' are wrong. This game alone added nothing. It only showed people that don't know him some of his strengths. He still had a tough finish to score, so he may not do it everytime, but he'll offer Messi a lane for him to make an aggressive pass everytime its there. And that he'll bring to the table every game. That's what gona help Messi, Iniesta, etc.

I've seem him in Corinthians and in the NT for years, dude is a workhorse but somehow he scores or assists the goals that wins you matches, wins you championships. That's what makes him such an unique box-to-box midfielder.

Is Paulinho's lineage 100% native/indigenous?

He's got that tan and straight hair like an Asian. Anyway, he looks like an ancient warrior, and I don't even like tattoos but I'll give his a pass.

He's tall(ish), fast and strong and built like an MMA fighter with lungs to run for days.

Fuck it, I'm all in the PaulinGod train now. Let me in the tribe boys.

He's mixed, but got a lot of Indian (native Brazilian) in him.

His nickname amongst Corinthians fans was "The Big Dick Indian" Supposedly, dude got a massive one. That's why he's so calm and confident in himself.

Just found out that our LORD had a very badass nickname in China. According to Chinese fans, "Pauli" sounds like "violent" in Chinese, and "nho" sounds like a slang for "dick"... So he is basically "the violent dick" in China. Pretty cool, hah? :paulinho:

LOL, really? As I said above, he supposedly got a massive dong. and it was his 'fun nickname in Brazil.

Home of Barca Fans