Luis Suárez or Ronaldo (Il Fenomeno)

Who's the better player do you think?

• Total voters

Messi983

The only aspect at which Suarez has been better than Ronaldo is in terms of longevity...... Ronaldo would have had the same if it were not for his injuries!

Ronaldo was magical..... Suarez a fighter

My thoughts exactly.

I'm still wondering if Ronaldo's career would've gone different way (with less injury problems) had he stayed here longer instead of moving to Serie A. I think it would but of course we'll never know.

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
Thıs comment by Mıchael ıs very easy to explaın. He clearly favours Messı as he ıs the fırst one to receıve the complıment. Now...because he complımented Messı he ıs forced to say somethıng complımentary about Ronaldo to even the scale sınce he doesnt want to compromıse relatıonshıps wıth other players/fans/staff etc because of theır shared hıstory wıth Manchester Unıted. He ıs basıcally playıng ıt safe.. I bet you my gamıng collectıon that hıs thought process went somewhere along these lınes.

playing it safe by saying he isn't sure if Messi can't play elsewhere? Well...that tweet was in 2012 and Messi is more complete now than ever. I'm sure he has a different opinion now.

jj_101

The only aspect at which Suarez has been better than Ronaldo is in terms of longevity...... Ronaldo would have had the same if it were not for his injuries!

I think some people rate fenomeno higher because of his injuries and the "what could have been" factor.
In fact fenomeno should be rated lower because of his injuries. Longevity is a critical factor in football, and one that brought fenomeno back to earth. Everyone talks about 19-20 year old fenomeno, but what about 28,29,30 year old not so fenomeno. Would Messi be regarded as the greatest if he only lasted two years at Barca? Not a chance.

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
I think some people rate fenomeno higher because of his injuries and the "what could have been" factor.
In fact fenomeno should be rated lower because of his injuries. Longevity is a critical factor in football, and one that brought fenomeno back to earth. Everyone talks about 19-20 year old fenomeno, but what about 28,29,30 year old not so fenomeno. Would Messi be regarded as the greatest if he only lasted two years at Barca? Not a chance.

na. Ronaldo was still a clinical striker in real madrid however we all knew he was never the same player. At that point injuries came back to bite him in the ass a lot more. Messi would still be somewhat memorable because he was still considered lethal potential in his age. hattrick vs RM at 19 and that maradona run goal vs getafe in 2007. plenty more examples that aren't top of my head. IMO it wasn't until 2010-11 onwards where we saw Messi being the undisputed that guy :D.

Horatio

You're welcome
playing it safe by saying he isn't sure if Messi can't play elsewhere? Well...that tweet was in 2012 and Messi is more complete now than ever. I'm sure he has a different opinion now.

Yeah sure because he already admıtted he thınks Messı ıs better. Hmmm only now that I see the tweet ıs from 2012

F

Flavia

Thıs comment by Mıchael ıs very easy to explaın. He clearly favours Messı as he ıs the fırst one to receıve the complıment. Now...because he complımented Messı he ıs forced to say somethıng complımentary about Ronaldo to even the scale sınce he doesnt want to compromıse relatıonshıps wıth other players/fans/staff etc because of theır shared hıstory wıth Manchester Unıted. He ıs basıcally playıng ıt safe.. I bet you my gamıng collectıon that hıs thought process went somewhere along these lınes.

Even in 2012 Messi was already much better, and clear he'd be great in any team. It's his epl bias talking.

khaled_a_d

Not sure about that,R9 was already overweight when he was at Suarez age,seem he had lost a lot of interest in keeping himself in shape for football around 2004 when he was 28. Many times he get a minor injury and return fat.
Players like Messi & Cr7 for example has taken care of their body in a perfect way.some people forget how injury prone was Messi early in his career. But he did everything in his hand to take care of his body.
Ronaldo was gr8,but he wasn't a guy with gr8 work ethic especially later in his career.

BarcaOG

Banned
The arguments in this thread supporting Suarez are fine, and many of them are, objectively speaking, probably undeniable. But the poll suggests that there is something beyond achievements and stats that separates Luis from Ronaldo. There is an undefinable, immeasurable quality, a distinct and potent shine that Ronaldo had and Luis, his immense talent notwithstanding, simply does not. Messi has this attribute also over CR7: there are in fact objective measures that indicate CR is above Leo in some respects. But football is not mathematics and there is a specific brilliance Messi posses that sets him above everyone else. This sort of thing is difficult to discuss since, by definition, it escapes measurement and demonstrable verification.

I think the best way to capture it is this: that feeling of anticipation that grips an entire stadium when Messi receives the ball and surges forward--his very movement, the promise of imminent brilliance. Ronaldo had something similar.

Again, Luis is exceptional. One of the finest strikers ever. And there is no shame in being lesser than Ronaldo. In fact, if Luis were asked about it in a press conference, I am sure he would be honoured to even merit the comparison.

Total-Football

Suarez is great, but R9 was almost on par with Messi. Without those injuries he would've been better too.

Fat Ronaldo better than messi ????????????? nah

poll : hell yeah fat Ronaldo is better than suarez if we comparing peaks .. Fat Ronaldo was poor at heading , was not good enough at playmaking , but devastating at the rest , demon speed and accelearation , upthere with the finest ever in term of technique , natural killer instinct , and the precision of strking the ball .. he's the best "outside the box 9 " in my opinion .. while Van basten should remain the best " Inside box 9 "

Suarez is better than Eto'o.

I rate Eto'o at least at the same level with suarez and henry :thinking: .. 3 killers as strikers :

eto'o : the most versatile of the three , i followed his entire career, he excelled in all positions .. he played as a classical 10 for his national team , a position where Henry and suarez would look clueless .. eto'o is a fine tiki taka player , he passes the ball with impressive ease , dude is also a pressing machine

henry : fastest of the three , slighly a better dribbler and the better finisher of the three

suarez : Luis can comfortably plays Inside the box and get physical with defenders while the former 2 always try to get distant from defenders .. Luis heads the ball better and can position himself in the best way to score goals.

i definitley put those three above the likes of drogba , shieva etc .. but also Under fat Ronaldo , Romario , van basten

Home of Barca Fans