Copa Libertadores

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Damn you life for getting in the way.

Velez beat the previously impressive Atletico Nacional in Colombia, I'll look for what happened later but 0-1 means it's not over, still good start for Argentina's best hope.

Currently first half of Cruz Azul vs Libertad in Mexico, la Maquina up 1-0. :D

Pepe Silvia

-Keepers hogging the headlines for la maquina today. Corona knocked out like a Pique and Gutierrez losing focus with that ball in the air. Advantage Libertad.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
-Keepers hogging the headlines for la maquina today. Corona knocked out like a Pique and Gutierrez losing focus with that ball in the air. Advantage Libertad.

Terrible result really, la Maquina should be the better team here but it's an uphill battle now. Could be a huge embarrassment for Mexican football.

Blue Demon

Not bad of a showing for Velez. See how El Verde Paisa does in the next round.

I was hoping for Gimenez to score for Cruz Azul and they were doing well till the goalie went out for that ball. Hopefully they'll toughen up and come up strong next round in Paraguay.

Furia is right. The FMF has been trying to highlight recent changes with the new "Liga de Primera". If Cruz Azul bows out next game, I wonder what the FMF will say? It is an embarrassment, especially because Mexico is an invited team. I just wonder how much tv rights play into this.

Pepe Silvia

Boca Juniors vs Union Espanola
Stadium: La Bombonera

Final score: 2-1

-Pretty sloppy overall.
-Needless fouls.
-Poor close control (except for JRR of course)
-Santiago Silva is so freaking beastly!!! That header was deserved since he was not only the best up front (Cvitanich was out of it today) but he defended well in set pieces. Strange being that he is a mini bulldog but has aerials obviously... dat header!!! :worthy:
-Didn't like that it took a JRR golazo to get our team fired up. We looked asleep for the first 20 some odd minutes and that is unacceptable at this level.
-Barely pulled it off. We'll have to be more disciplined at the back and not give up easy breakaways like we did today. Otherwise, glad we pulled away with an advantage going off to Chile.

JRR Goal @ 0:39; Silva Golazo @ 2:50 (PABLO MOUCHE ASSIST :worthy:)
[YOUTUBE]_PQtl9v0YYg&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I like Vasco but a shame they are probably going to knock out Lanus.

At least Emelec managed to hold Corinthians to a draw. Granted it was in Ecuador but Emelec is a low land club so it does mean something.

Pepe Silvia

Shame about Cruz Azul, Nolan. Better luck next year bro.

As for the game today Boca kicked ass!!!!!!

Orion is the complete keeper, arguably the best in Argentina. His saves today were top shelf, and he even saved the penalty kick given up by Insurralde (surprise) but no one covered the deflection and they tucked away the rebound.

Riquelme was just a genius. 1 goal, 2 assists + MoM :worthy:

On to the Quarterfinals!!!

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
No surprise Boca got through this round comfortably, Española got through a mediocre group.

Lanús-Vasco should be interesting.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
No surprise Boca got through this round comfortably, Española got through a mediocre group.

Lanús-Vasco should be interesting.

Home of Barca Fans