Cycling

impeh

Hi, its me..
Lance Armstrong has been banned for life and stripped of his seven Tour de France titles over his role in "the most sophisticated doping programme sport has ever seen".

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Lance Armstrong has been banned for life and stripped of his seven Tour de France titles over his role in "the most sophisticated doping programme sport has ever seen".

I've won as many titles as Lance Armstrong now?

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Not surprised, always wondered how he could possibly have recovered fast enough to win as many as he did without some form of doping. It's funny though, back in primary school most of my teachers were cycling fans and had posters of him on their walls, he was basically their hero. They used to annoy me whenever they would try and squeeze in a subject, especially English where every English comprehension paper seemed to have something to do with Armstrong. I wonder how their dealing with the news :lol:

Oh how I wish i could see their faces :tito:

Sergio

Sergison
Greatest shame is he was as great a technical and tactical cyclist as you get. But the suspicion was always there.

The next one will be Bradley Wiggins. His Tour 'performance' this year was wrapped up in the first week despite no previous form as such. I've never known the French dailys to openly call a cyclist on doping during a competition before, such was the irregularity of the performance.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Good call, I remember some people calling BS on his win, I didn't watch much of it though, so I'm not the best to judge, all I know is that I had never heard of him until his win :lol:

Adrian

I'm gonna do a massive bump on this thread xD

Anyway Chris Froome looked a bit suspicious too. He just glided up those mountains so easily. This is a bit of a biased opinion but the last TdF winner that I wasn't suspicious of was Cadel Evans.

Eetu

Adormit
To be honest, already in '12 Froome was the reason Wiggins seemed clean to me.

Having followed cycling more for a few years around the turn of century and now for past couple of years, it feels like a whole different sport. The dragging battles between superhuman titans on grand tours seem to be gone for the most part. Classics on the other hand are great fun.

Adrian

I think Wiggins was clean, but I am a little suspicious. Him not going to the 2013 TdF just made it worse.

Yannick03

I think Wiggins was clean, but I am a little suspicious. Him not going to the 2013 TdF just made it worse.

He just didn't want to get humiliated by Froome again and Froome was always going to be the main man. I think Wiggins didn't fancy a role in the shadow of Froome.

Eetu

Adormit
Yeah, besides there had been enough humiliation for one year with the meltdown he had at descends of Giro. Even though I'm not too fond of him, it was painful to watch.

Adrian

Anyone remember the name of that young Colombian rider that was challenging Froome with his amazing climbing skills?

EDIT: Never mind, I remembered. He was Nairo Quintana

El Trencaxarxes

Only 54 kilometres of time-trialling in the Tour next year, with half of them being a team time-trial and the other half being a quite hilly individual one in and around Pau. Seems clear that ASO is trying to make life harder for Team Sky. I don't doubt that they'll smash any competition either way with their "marginal gains" but hopefully it'll be more difficult than in previous years.

Home of Barca Fans