10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Not that anyone needs reminding :lol: but the Ballon d'Or is awarded tonight, 6pm UK time. Its live on eurosport so there will probably be streams too.

Paganinisrvnge

It is astonishing that on the comments sections of articles and other forums; there are actually people who are saying "How come Ronaldo didn't win the Ballon D'or when he scored more goals in 2011 but Messi had more titles and now Messi will win the Ballon D'or when he scored more goals in 2012 but Ronaldo won more titles"

Is it that Mourinho's campaigning has made people forget that Ronaldo and Messi were actually level on 53 goals for the 2010-2011 season? Sure, Ronaldo broke La Liga goalscoring record but Messi won the Champions League and was Champions League top scorer.

If Ronaldo won the Champions League this year, then you could say he deserves the Ballon D'or but he didn't.

KhaledBarca

Link: Leo Messi Stats per Calendar Year since 2009 (Barcelona + Argentina) #fcblive #Messi #FIFABallonDor

• Messi 2009 •
- Stats: 41 goals, 14 assists.
- Trophies: LIGA, UCL, Spanish Cup, Spanish Super, European Super and Clubs World Cup.
- Champions League Top Scorer.

• Messi 2010 •
- Stats: 60 goals, 20 assists.
- Trophies: LIGA.
- Champions League Top Scorer, LIGA Top Scorer and European Golden Shoe.

• Messi 2011 •
- Stats: 59 goals, 36 assists.
- Trophies: LIGA, UCL, Spanish Super, European Super and Clubs World Cup.
- Champions League Top Scorer.

• Messi 2012 •
- Stats: 91 goals, 23 assists.
- Trophies: Spanish Cup.
- Champions League Top Scorer 2011/12 (14, all-time record).
- Liga Top Scorer per season (50, all time record) and Calendar Year (59, all time record).
- European Golden Shoe (100 points, all time record).
- 91 official goals for Club and Country in 2012 (all-time record beating Gerd Muller's 85 record from year 1972) and 82 goals in 2011/12 (also all-time record).

J

jiopi

Tremendous freekick, he's so unlucky with them

di-YDWT.gif

:lol: at the crowding

di-KNM0.gif

Ursegor

World Champion
Without the record in his mind anymore he's started to bring his teammates more into play again and it resulted in better overall team play.

P

Patty2720

Messi has now scored against 14 out of 19 opponents in La Liga this season.

He still has to score against: Valencia, Granada, Sevilla, Celta Vigo and Malaga.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Tremendous freekick, he's so unlucky with them

di-YDWT.gif

:lol: at the crowding

di-KNM0.gif

Great gifs!

And some guys still claim that Villa, Alexis, etc. create space for Messi because of some odd moments when they actually do drag few defenders off. Yes, they do work hard, particularly Pedro and Alexis, and they are being sacrificed to an extent, but I don't think they'd swap places with anyone.
I mean, some make it a rocket science just because player A is there and moves. And Messi proves over and over again that he can do his magic whoever partners him up-front.

Messi is simply out of this planet. He starts dangerous plays, assists and scores like no other.

Meitux

Great gifs!

And some guys still claim that Villa, Alexis, etc. create space for Messi because of some odd moments when they actually do drag few defenders off. Yes, they do work hard, particularly Pedro and Alexis, and they are being sacrificed to an extent, but I don't think they'd swap places with anyone.
I mean, some make it a rocket science just because player A is there and moves. And Messi proves over and over again that he can do his magic whoever partners him up-front.

Messi is simply out of this planet. He starts dangerous plays, assists and scores like no other.
i agree with you but one thing that i know is that even if he creates a chance for alexis he wont score it....and thats the point if messi assists the others must be effective...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans