The RB situation

What to do about the RB situation?

• Total voters

El Flaco

BUMP

Both Roberto (who's been a failed experiment from Lucho to use him as a RB) or Vidal have been a disappointment for us.

We simply must get a top notch RB during the summer.

F

FlaFCB

Just 2 pre-season games, but the RB situation is worrying. The other issues were solved, and I really hope Lucho and Robert reconsider their position about this. I don't trust Bob or Vidal defensively, this could be a really weak link on the team. I'd sell Arda and get a rb and a fwd, or keep Munir and sign a rb. But I think we really need a rb.

Sad that I was right.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Scout the French market. Extensively.

Lahm has decided to retire btw. So in the case Bayern want to sign a starting RB, who wanna bet they will sign the better one? :lol:

Last edited:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Scout the French market. Extensively.

Yup, that Sidibe guy looked great at RB against PSG last week. Also that Portuguese lad at Nice. Talking about PSG, they got two fantastic RBs in Aurier and Meunier. Hopefully one of them wants to leave to be a starter in the near future. French league is really the place to buy. Just ask Monchi.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yup, that Sidibe guy looked great at RB against PSG last week. Also that Portuguese lad at Nice. Talking about PSG, they got two fantastic RBs in Aurier and Meunier. Hopefully one of them wants to leave to be a starter in the near future. French league is really the place to buy. Just ask Monchi.

I watched Sidibe and while he's a good player, I'm not sure he's the attacking proficient RB the management wants. You're probably talking about Ricardo Pereira and while I'm yet to watch him play I've heard great things about him( [MENTION=9569]TornAndFrayed[/MENTION]), and Portuguese fans also rate him as their best RB ahead of Semedo and Cancelo at third(some even say Soares is better than Cancelo due to the latter's pathetic defending).

French league seem to be churning out one great talent after another. I hope we're not stubborn and only want Cancelo or someone from Spain.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I can't help but feel that a core reason for our shitty play this season is our decision to knowingly hamstring ourselves by not getting an actual rightback or renewing Dani.

Yea, I'm more and more convinced by Ricardo Pereira, endurant, dynamic and pacy, think he plays smart enough to make it here.

FC Porto own him, though. That kinda sucks. His two year loan with Nice expires this summer.

Shouldn't go for Aurier because he's wild and inconsistent, and obviously if we try to sign a PSG player it shouldn't be him. Meunier upped his level for PSG, his good form is very recent.

Asylum15

I can't help but feel that a core reason for our shitty play this season is our decision to knowingly hamstring ourselves by not getting an actual rightback or renewing Dani.

Also the link between Alves/Messi on the right hand side with their magical 1,2s and close touches. It made Messi better, even though he's playing brilliantly this season.

frog-fcb

Bob is decent when we need the more cautious defensive approach while vidal is better as an attacking option. I guess we were spoit when we had dani here but even then some didnt appreciate him

God Serena

We could always give Palencia a chance. Like, at least one. Just to find out if he's capable of doing the job. If he isn't, we'll have gone a game with our RB being the weak link, which we always do anyways, but if he is, we'll have reinforced ourselves now (and not in the summer) and won't have to waste money on a top notch RB.

But I guess we have to keep praying Lucho fucks off for that to happen.

F

FlaFCB

Bob is decent when we need the more cautious defensive approach while vidal is better as an attacking option. I guess we were spoit when we had dani here but even then some didnt appreciate him

Bob isn't decent defensively for months now. Vidal is faster and cover more than he does, these days.

frog-fcb

I would still class him better defensivley than vidal overall. Id like to see vidal at rb and sergi in rakis position for a few games as it would let vidal rampage forward and bob could drop into the rb to cover counters etc

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We could always give Palencia a chance. Like, at least one. Just to find out if he's capable of doing the job. If he isn't, we'll have gone a game with our RB being the weak link, which we always do anyways, but if he is, we'll have reinforced ourselves now (and not in the summer) and won't have to waste money on a top notch RB.

But I guess we have to keep praying Lucho fucks off for that to happen.

+1

It's shocking he never even gave him a chance.

xXKonan

I think the only difference at this stage between Roberto and Vidal defensively isn't very big.

It's going to come down to who offers more going forward and between Bob and Vidal it's not really a contest. Vidal also has the pace to recover from any mishaps he has made compared to Roberto who doesn't.

From the comments I've seen on twitter etc, people act like the difference in defending levels between Roberto and Vidal is the same as Alves vs Douglas, the gap really isn't that big like I said considering Roberto these days.

Home of Barca Fans