Lliga | Round 8: Atlético de Madrid vs. FC Barcelona 1-1

Horatio

You're welcome
I think Messi should play if he wants to. He is in good spirit with Argentina qualifying probably leading to feeling less pressured during the Atletico game.
Comfortable Messi = Deadly Messi.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Messi absolutely has to play. He can rest later vs Olympiacos and Malaga (on the pitch), but against Atletico we need a motivated Messi.

draconifire

I want to see Deu starting, after Demboze he's the starter for that position and I want to see how he does in these big games.

M

MessiCam

If Iniesta is fit I hope our starting line-up will be:
Semedo-Pique-Titi-Alba
Paulinho-Busi-Iniesta
Roberto-Messi-Deulofeu

Roberto in place of Paulinho, Deulofeu right wing and Denis left wing.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Messi is still to rejoin training with only one training session left before the game. Not sure I want him to start. Should do what Lucho did in the exact same situation back in the 2015-16 season. Sub him on later and let him score the late winner which he did for three consecutive seasons against Atletico now.

Last edited:

Alik

This team is the most Messi dependent it has been since Tito's time. We'd fall apart without him vs Atletico, I think.

M

MessiCam

I know that Suarez scored two goals in his last qualifier, but how was his play overall?

I watched the rerun after the Argentina game and he had a good game. Shooting and finishing were on point and he rode challenges as a 9 is supposed to. He dropped deep on occasion too but his passing was average. He was a lot better than he has been all season though. Only problem I have is that he has lost pace and it's a big deal because wasn't the fastest to begin with.

That said, I was watching some clips of Messi doing his magic on the RW this morning. I admit, I miss him making fools of defenders on the wing... I'd have Saurez as CF again just to watch Messi weave his magic there again.

Windhook

Torn, come out, mate! :lol:

La Liga teams have been playing on 200% against Barcelona for years. Recent events might make individual players more aggressive, nothing more. I expect something else, something much worse - referee sabotage. F.C. Barcelona is the symbol (trademark) of Catalonia, no matter how much everyone on the club avoids making a statement.

As a tradition I CALL FOR DEMOLITION OF ATLETI. MESSI IS IN THE FORM OF HIS LIFE! 5-0!:barcaflag:

Last edited:
M

MessiCam

Might be no Busquets tomorrow due to a knock while on international duty.

Biggest game of the season thus far... He is pivotal to the way we play.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
“Barcelona are one of the best teams in the world, but Real Madrid are better now. (Barca) Have reinvented themselves after the departure of Neymar. They do not stop wanting to win. They have a winning gene, they do not get tired.” - Simeone

Alik

“Barcelona are one of the best teams in the world, but Real Madrid are better now. (Barca) Have reinvented themselves after the departure of Neymar. They do not stop wanting to win. They have a winning gene, they do not get tired.” - Simeone

Great to hear these types of comments. This, together with the whole not allowing Barça fans into the stadium, should get the team fired up nicely :)

Home of Barca Fans