Ruud Van Nistelrooy

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
Ruud-van-Nistelrooy.jpg

I just realised Van Horseface didn't have a thread. I was gutted when he moved to Real, truly one of the best strikers the game has ever seen.
[YOUTUBE]JV6cIb4X9Ro[/YOUTUBE]

A great video from his time at United, real, PSV, and the Netherlands. The goal at 3:03 typifies him for me. After an injury of that length, d'you reckon it's possible for him to return to his best? (Although i'd rather he didn't, unless he goes back to PSV :tongue:)

Last edited:
R

Red Devil

Ruud-van-Nistelrooy.jpg

I just realised Van Horseface didn't have a thread. I was gutted when he moved to Real, truly one of the best strikers the game has ever seen.
[YOUTUBE]JV6cIb4X9Ro[/YOUTUBE]

A great video from his time at United, real, PSV, and the Netherlands.

Agreed but he strangled our play when he left the club we became a team again we wasnt all looking for Ruud to score all the time .

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Thanks for that Quash, I genuinely enjoyed that video and I really forgot how good he was. His solo goal against Tottenham was fucking amazing to say the least. He had everything including a shockingly brilliant burst of pace and momentum in his runs, which again, I completely forgot about.

Heath Newton

I wouldn't complain, the amount of goals he banged in for you.
he's the greatest goalscorer i think i'll ever see play for us.

Thanks for that Quash, I genuinely enjoyed that video and I really forgot how good he was. His solo goal against Tottenham was fucking amazing to say the least. He had everything including a shockingly brilliant burst of pace and momentum in his runs, which again, I completely forgot about.
i think that was fulham Fourteen,but it was a brilliant goal.
the strange thing is that he scored a few goals like that for psv yet only scored that one in that mould for us.:sad:
he also only scored one from outside the box too. :hmmm:

still eric gerets said he was the best finisher he'd EVER worked or played with,and if you check who he played with and coached,that's some statement.
it was a shame what happened for him to leave,but in a slightly different way i agree with reddevil about us improving since he's left.:unsure:

and his champions league record is just unbelievable.:worthy:

Last edited:

No Soy Galáctico

Benny Blanco
As a footballer I just cant begin to understand how he managed to adjust his foot so quickly for some of his goals. The time he gets to see a ball coming in from a cross or how he manages to get so much power behind the ball without blazing it over the bar...almost impossible.

aRegularAce

a pure predator in the box. His finishing is top notch and his composure in front of goal is amazing.... You see eto'o thats how its done... many of his goals are one touch to control the ball and a clinical finish straight after....Shame to see he's injured, because he still had a lot to offer.

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
As a footballer I just cant begin to understand how he managed to adjust his foot so quickly for some of his goals. The time he gets to see a ball coming in from a cross or how he manages to get so much power behind the ball without blazing it over the bar...almost impossible.

I agree, I can never get good connections from crosses, he makes it look like he had the ball stationary at his feet and has all the time in the world to decide how and where to hit it. And the goals he scored with his back to the goal, but still managed to hit it perfectly over his shoulder ... insane

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire

That is what makes him one of the best goal scorers yet what impressed me the most about him, was at the age he was brought in, his ability to change his instinct to bang them left and right in La Liga.

I don't know if you remember what I talked about when we first had him, the differences in the EPL defenses and the La Liga defenses. He squeezed far more technique than I thought he still had left at such an old age (for a footballer) to help us two La Ligas.

Champion.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Yeah, Ruud is/was one of the greatest goal scorers in the game, his positioning was probably the best ever, sometimes it looked like he was just lucky the ball just came to his feet but after watching plenty of his goals you realize he's there because he has that ability...

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
He's not as good as Van Basten, Cruyff or Bergkamp ( not many are ) but after them he's arguably Hollands best ever striker.

Heath Newton

He's not as good as Van Basten, Cruyff or Bergkamp ( not many are ) but after them he's arguably Hollands best ever striker.
he's a better goalscorer than bergkamp.
not footballer though,but then only a small percentage of every footballer ever,have been.

V

Vidic

Shame he left, he was one of the best goal poachers i ever saw. It's another shame he went to Real too.

Home of Barca Fans