2015 Copa América

Who will win Copa America?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Beast

The Observer
Felt sorry for Messi... it's becoming like a mission impossible to win something with the NT ...

Argentina is a very curious case.. on paper they should blow everyone out of the water just by the attacking talent.. you'd expect games ending 6-4 etc but for some reason they can't deliver.. Aguero , Lavezzi mostly ghosts...

The fact is they cannot play like a team... too many people want to be the saviors and Messi style is different than the rest... making 10 players adapt to one in the very short time before any tournament will be hard but with Messi talents he can adapt to anything..

The team fell apart when Di Maria went out.. he is the connecting engine .. the second half Argentina for most of it where ghosts & if only Chile had a proper striker they could have finished it a lot early.

.at the same time i do wonder what does Aguero actually do the national team ? for all Higuain chocking (and frankly it's Lavezzi pass that was a little too far he could have shot or send it back to Messi ) when he went in for Aguero the team started to get involved again .. while Aguero seems focused on getting a penalty and falling into challenges very easily..
there is a good number of stars still coming out and Messi has one last train in 3 years time to make a WC trophy his he will be 30/31 but so far Maradona in the Argentinian minds still are no 1

The comparisons are already out with Maradona and already in the mind of people like me who watched the golden boy take the world by storm... as Brilliant as Messi is and probably has a little bit more skill set than Maradona he don't have the persona of the golden boy.. as some said.. taking the game by the horn and delivering ..Maradona probably had Messi talents with Tevez personality ...that's what Messi needs he looked timid with Argentina not a leader ala Maradona..needless to say i'm pretty sure Maradona had a much much rougher treatment allowed by the rules/refs & big quality of butchers back than

This Maradona winning WC by himself needs to stop. He had quality around him but so does Messi.
There is no way you can compare both team mates.. apart from Valdano none of the team remaining players were even known outside the Argentinian league .. Burruchaga was just in his first season in Nantes not Valencia , Man City , Man United etc... mostly local boys from Boca, River etc they made their names after the WC not before.. With Passarela issues with Maradona & Ardilies out of the picture due to age anyone who says there was quality around Maradona needs read more about the squad he had around him and compare to the France , German , Italian , English NT teams at this World cup .. there is no comparison

arg had a bad body language after di maria was subbed off. they looked like they just waited for the defeat.

Very true... but shows the team once again is mentally very weak

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Let's face facts most of you on here don't give a shit about Argentina. If Messi was Swedish you'd be supporting Sweden. If Messi was Bolivian you'd be supporting Bolivia. If Messi was Egyptian you'd be supporting Egypt.

So don't be giving it large ones about caring for or supporting Argentina - because its bullshit. I feel sorry for the genuine Argentine supporters not the Messi fan boys.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
BTW Messi's legacy is complete. He doesn't need international success to be considered the GOAT. Because he is to many, many people and will be in everyones top 3 or 4 ever. So stop crying and recognise the greatness we have been privileged to see. As looking over the horizon i don't see any players that can reach those levels in the next 10-15 years, if at all.

Vegeta

BTW Messi's legacy is complete. He doesn't need international success to be considered the GOAT. Because he is to many, many people and will be in everyones top 3 or 4 ever. So stop crying and recognise the greatness we have been privileged to see. As looking over the horizon i don't see any players that can reach those levels in the next 10-15 years, if at all.

Someone's in a bad mood.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Let's face facts most of you on here don't give a shit about Argentina. If Messi was Swedish you'd be supporting Sweden. If Messi was Bolivian you'd be supporting Bolivia. If Messi was Egyptian you'd be supporting Egypt.

So don't be giving it large ones about caring for or supporting Argentina - because its bullshit. I feel sorry for the genuine Argentine supporters not the Messi fan boys.

You are a Liverpool-supporting Greek that is rubbing it in that a country in another continent lost the final of their continental championship. Who is spouting the real BS here?

Home of Barca Fans