CL | Round 6: FC Barcelona - Sporting Lisabon 2-0

FCBfan22

If either Pique/Verminator gets injured tomorrow (I presume they will both start), at least we know where to point the finger at.

At least play false 9 with Messi and Denis and Roberto on the wings. Please.

raskolnikov

I hoped we would rest everybody and play b team and youth.
We have not had anyone having long term vision since pep left but im very dissapointed in Valverde. Same as lucho pre anoeta.
He will burn our squad out by march. Cause pointless injuries that will cause us to drop points in la liga.
The guy so far has been a complete coward.

Xaviniesta

That guy is is simultaneously the biggest cunt on Barca twitter as well the most hilarious guy on Barca twitter.

Agree 100%. Some of his tweets are cringy and stupid (ie Neymar) while others are just hilarious. Especially when he shits on Madrid and Ronaldo.

He's still my favorite Barca twitter user on the site. I don't think there's anyone else with a persona like his.

Agree 100%. Some of his tweets are cringy and stupid (ie Neymar) while others are just hilarious. Especially when he shits on Madrid and Ronaldo.

He's still my favorite Barca twitter user on the site. I don't think there's anyone else with a persona like his.

His biggest scumbag move was conning everyone and saying he would be giving out 20 copies of FIFA 18 and all you had to do to enter was follow him. Of course the whole thing was a scam and he didn't have any copies of FIFA 18, but he still pocketed thousands of followers by using this tactic multiple times. He also has wished Rakitic death multiple times and posts fake quotes a lot. It's hard to tell which quotes are real and fake from him because a lot of the time he really does post true stories. I always make sure to verify anything I read on his account.

Xaviniesta

His biggest scumbag move was conning everyone and saying he would be giving out 20 copies of FIFA 18 and all you had to do to enter was follow him. Of course the whole thing was a scam and he didn't have any copies of FIFA 18, but he still pocketed thousands of followers by using this tactic multiple times. He also has wished Rakitic death multiple times and posts fake quotes a lot. It's hard to tell which quotes are real and fake from him because a lot of the time he really does post true stories. I always make sure to verify anything I read on his account.

Yeah this definitly sounds like something he'd do. I think he's a kid from America because he's always talking about Pulisic every international break :lol:

Also, iirc Rakitic blocked him because one of the top replies to a post was him talking shit about Rakitic lol. And yeah, he also has fake quotes for the banter i guess.

But what I dont like about him is when he uses stupid and controversial pics for his jokes. For example, when neymar was leaving for PSG, he'd use a bunch of racist brazilian terms and he would put pictures of that incident when Zuniga broke Neymar's back and he'd caption it with "ahhh." He also occassionally uses that pic of the murderer from the Las Vegas shooting in his jokes. It's really disturbing and messed up...at least he got suspended before for doing that.

Last edited:

Messi983

He didn't even call up a Barca B CB. :lol:

Watch Vermaldini get injured to top it all off.

He has no option to call up Barca B CB. Costas and Cuenca are ineligible to play (Fali and Martinez too but I doubt anyone really wants to see them :lol:) and Tarin is injured.

People overreacting again. Barça B is playing their league game already on Friday night so I think EV has talked about this with Gerard and they want to keep Alena&Co. fresh for their important game vs Gijon in a tough situation Barça B is currently in. Alena has played 2 league games last week and Copa game for the first team in midweek. He and other B team players are still not used to play 3 games every week like our usual first teamers are.

At the same time we have Roberto and Gomes coming back from injuries who needs to get regular playing time and other first team players who deserves more minutes like Vidal, Digne, Paco and Denis.

Also, we only play vs Villarreal on Sunday so there will be enough time to rest for those players from the best XI that will play tomorrow. And we won't play a midweek game over the next two weeks. And after that there will be a 10 days break over the hollidays. So we'll really only play four games over the next month and I guess EV also doesn't want his players to get too much out of match rhytm.

Thinking about all this I can totally understand Valverde's decision to not include Alena or other B team players for tomorrow's game. Sure, I'm also disappointed as I was looking forward to see some of them again but at the same time I'm trying to understand the logic behind his decisions instead of just calling him a fraud.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I say we rest players for Sunday's game and start with bench players tomorrow.

Villarreal has an EL game to play on Thursday but since they have already qualified they will probably field bench players.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
He has no option to call up Barca B CB. Costas and Cuenca are ineligible to play (Fali and Martinez too but I doubt anyone really wants to see them :lol:) and Tarin is injured.

People overreacting again. Barça B is playing their league game already on Friday night so I think EV has talked about this with Gerard and they want to keep Alena&Co. fresh for their important game vs Gijon in a tough situation Barça B is currently in. Alena has played 2 league games last week and Copa game for the first team in midweek. He and other B team players are still not used to play 3 games every week like our usual first teamers are.

At the same time we have Roberto and Gomes coming back from injuries who needs to get regular playing time and other first team players who deserves more minutes like Vidal, Digne, Paco and Denis.

Also, we only play vs Villarreal on Sunday so there will be enough time to rest for those players from the best XI that will play tomorrow. And we won't play a midweek game over the next two weeks. And after that there will be a 10 days break over the hollidays. So we'll really only play four games over the next month and I guess EV also doesn't want his players to get too much out of match rhytm.

Thinking about all this I can totally understand Valverde's decision to not include Alena or other B team players for tomorrow's game. Sure, I'm also disappointed as I was looking forward to see some of them again but at the same time I'm trying to understand the logic behind his decisions instead of just calling him a fraud.

EV is being unfairly targeted most of the times. He is somebody who dared to bench the dictator for crying out loud, and even Pep couldn't manage that!

Have a strong feeling most of the stars who are about to start against Villarreal are not gonna be playing tomorrow

BBZ8800

We have not had anyone having long term vision since pep left but im very dissapointed in Valverde.

It was easy to be a longterm vision coach for Pep, when he had:
21 years old Messi, Busi, Pique, Pedro etc.

Valverde had guys like Samper, Munir and all current kids.

About Pep, if he is such a longterm vision guy, why doesn't he play with kids in Man City?
Instead, he is spending 100s and 100s of millions each season on foreign players (not their B team kids). Interesting...

khaled_a_d

Still don't like excluding Alena tbh, he could at least got 45 minutes and then rested for game on Friday

God Serena

Gotta love how hard folks will twist and turn while doing your mental gymnastics to try and justify Valverde's shocking decisions. How about instead of this we just say acknowledge he's a coward and has little to no interest in utilizing our B team?

Home of Barca Fans