Lliga | Round 13: Valencia CF - FC Barcelona 1-1

Horatio

You're welcome
The team showed character to recover from the disallowed goal and then having Valencia take the lead.

Also good confidence boost that we can score after being 0-1 in final stage of the match. Makes the team believe they won't lose that easily. And so the streak of not losing continues...

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Got back to the hotel from Mestalla, relieved that we got a point but I am not happy with our performance at all. The first half we had total domination of the ball but we couldn't do anything because our attacking game relied SOLELY on Messi taking the ball and trying to dribble past players to create something and when that failed, we didn't know what to do since there is no Plan B, so we tried the same drill again. Messi was playing very deep and he tried to initiate every single attacking play, mostly through the middle but it simply did not work. There was almost zero wing play, at least in the first half I felt Semedo didn't even go forward once to Valencia'a penalty box as we were sitting right next to that area. The second half we sat back and let them have a go at us, our midfield fell apart and provided no protection when we lost the ball, and if Valencia had been better with finishing or how they handled the final play, they could have scored two more goals. We were fucked by the referee for that Messi goal but we were saved by the ref a few times I felt, at least one penalty could have been called. Overall I am happy that we came away with a point but I am really frustrated by how singular our game plan is.

Iniesta had a few spurts of highlights but that was pretty much it. Paulinho was OK I thought, I thought he had a several crucial interceptions. Semedo was good defensively but offensively he did nothing other than passing the ball to Rakitic. Denis was a bright spot after he came on, at least he mananged to offer another outlet for our attacking game.

Mestalla was great, almost as good as many German stadiums. I really wish we had that kind of environment at Camp Nou. Valencia fans treated us very well, there was kindness everywhere.

Devils

The first half was probably the best we've played all season.

Fucking ridiculous we got robbed. If that goal had counted we'd be leaving with the 3 points today.

Windhook

Another classic derby away match which we end drawing. Maybe I should bet on a draw in the El Clásico.:lol:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Another classic derby away match which we end drawing. Maybe I should bet on a draw in the El Clásico.:lol:

Don't think anyone will walk over us like in Paris or Torino last year. Or San Sebastian. We are looking solid defensively and up-front there's only so much we can do with Suarez stinking up the pitch.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

Don't think anyone will walk over us like in Paris or Torino last year. Or San Sebastian. We are looking solid defensively and up-front there's only so much we can do with Suarez stinking up the pitch.

Got back to the hotel from Mestalla, relieved that we got a point but I am not happy with our performance at all. The first half we had total domination of the ball but we couldn't do anything because our attacking game relied SOLELY on Messi taking the ball and trying to dribble past players to create something and when that failed, we didn't know what to do since there is no Plan B, so we tried the same drill again. Messi was playing very deep and he tried to initiate every single attacking play, mostly through the middle but it simply did not work. There was almost zero wing play, at least in the first half I felt Semedo didn't even go forward once to Valencia'a penalty box as we were sitting right next to that area. The second half we sat back and let them have a go at us, our midfield fell apart and provided no protection when we lost the ball, and if Valencia had been better with finishing or how they handled the final play, they could have scored two more goals. We were fucked by the referee for that Messi goal but we were saved by the ref a few times I felt, at least one penalty could have been called. Overall I am happy that we came away with a point but I am really frustrated by how singular our game plan is.

Iniesta had a few spurts of highlights but that was pretty much it. Paulinho was OK I thought, I thought he had a several crucial interceptions. Semedo was good defensively but offensively he did nothing other than passing the ball to Rakitic. Denis was a bright spot after he came on, at least he mananged to offer another outlet for our attacking game.

Mestalla was great, almost as good as many German stadiums. I really wish we had that kind of environment at Camp Nou. Valencia fans treated us very well, there was kindness everywhere.

Thanx for the re-cap. :cheers:
Always nice to see comments from people who were present. How did your boy like the match?

Pepe Silvia

The fact that we got robbed away. We don't have a front line and our right side is still non existent. Very disapointed by Semedo.
Dude he messed up one play and hasn't had consistent minutes in forever. Also, he lost the trust of the coach for some weird reason that messed with his confidence. He was soaring when he first got here and didn't take a step wrong until coach benched him. Those are facts.

jairzinho

Honestly before the match i would have taken a draw, because it's not a bad result for us. We're still in control of the league. Both Valencia and Real have tricky away games next weekend so we could even extend depending on how things go.

jairzinho

The fact that we got robbed away. We don't have a front line and our right side is still non existent. Very disapointed by Semedo.

The guy can only do so much with the shit form Raki has been in. No link up play available whatsoever.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Thanx for the re-cap. :cheers:
Always nice to see comments from people who were present. How did your boy like the match?

Thanks Bojan, first he was quite indifferent honestly, then he was drawn by the cheering and festive atmosphere triggered by the Rodrigo goal and got really excited and happy, to my chagrin. It was way past his bed time but overall he behaved well. :)

PhilS

That could have been the toughest league test Barca will face for the rest of this season. Barca played very well in the first half, really dominated. Valencia showed excellent resilience to not go behind.

Barca was not as good in the second half, but yet again showed they can come back. Barca just does not look for excuses to post a bad result, this team is very strong mentally.

eaman

Good performance in the first half bar the final third really. We are not creating any real clear chances away from home. Messi has to drop deep too often to create and when he does there's too many mistimed runs or poor touches by a certain player.Some good quick passing though and the defence looks decent. Hopefully the final third will improve when dembele gets back

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans