CL | 1/8 Final: FC Barcelona - SSC Napoli 4-2 (agg.)

snowy

He would get in fights with Suarez and Messi. Dude is as ruthless as they come. If you walk or give a half assed effort he will sub you out. I recall there were a couple of Milan players that he got in a feud with.

Suarez, yes. But at this point, even the burgermeister knows his own bacon-cheese Pocito away from obese. He might pout a lil'bit just for good show but inside, he'd be thankful coach for letting him support the team from the VIP section.

He wouldn't fight with Cap. Dude is not retarded. He knows how Messi plays and why would he try to suddenly turn him into Eliud Kipchoge. He'll do exactly what a top coach would do and try to build an effective attacking system with fast electrons who can actually finish, offering passing options to Leo's perfect aim, along with good forward build-up players to bring the ball up in the third where Messi is deadly.

This way, Messi can still do his Adam's Family passeo on walkabout creek and have fun while delivering off the charts performances.

Barto is the piece of shit who doesn't wanna see this happen. Besides, he only hires YES man and El Gato Fato only says yes ad una buona porzione di pasta _ and nothing else

xXKonan

Speaking of Napoli, I know he suffered that knee injury and other injuries but man there was a time where some bigger teams wanted Faouzi Ghoulam but those injuries he got in the past couple of years and even this season have made him a forgotten man.

Now Mario Rui is Napoli's starting LB and yeah he really sucks as shown today.

Horatio

You're welcome
In hindsight with some time to sit and think on things, we were pretty good honestly.

Who am I kidding. We sucked. The day-after analysis won?t fool no one this time. We continue to regress.

Last edited:

Porque

Bayern 4-1 Chelsea
Possession: 60%
Shots on target: 8
Shots off target: 8
First Sub: 63"
Total Subs: 5

Opponents shots in target: 4
Opponents shots off target: 4

Barcelona 3-1 Napoli
Possession: 47%
Shots on target: 4
Shots off target: 3
First sub: 83"
Total Subs: 2

Opponents shots on target: 4
Opponenets shots off target: 7

Conclusion: We got this...

khaled_a_d

Bayern 4-1 Chelsea
Possession: 60%
Shots on target: 8
Shots off target: 8
First Sub: 63"
Total Subs: 5

Opponents shots in target: 4
Opponents shots off target: 4

Barcelona 3-1 Napoli
Possession: 47%
Shots on target: 4
Shots off target: 3
First sub: 83"
Total Subs: 2

Opponents shots on target: 4
Opponenets shots off target: 7

Conclusion: We got this...

If we continue to play conservative we stand a chance.
Messi as goal scorer is what we need, not a creator. Alba & Semedo being more defensive was good adjustment by him. They provide much help to defense and Napoli relied on crosses or plays from inside to create anything against us.
Bayern & City aren't teams we stand a chance to win midfield battle with them or make our full back go YOLO in attack.
Saly, Busquets coming back may change that.

Horatio

You're welcome
Imagine Messi with a stellar performance to bail us out. Just hope he?s fired up and the fans get a nice display. Winning will be tough.

Barcilliant

😃 Bayern will crush us. It will be be at least three goal margin.
Cue Barto to sack Setien and bring in Blanc. Ditto rinse and repeat for next season.
Until this cancerous board is gone and the amigos too we will continue to struggle.
Second half was a shit show. Griezmann should have been subbed at, 60 mins ditto Rakitic.

Vilarrubi

I can't wait to see Bayern rip this team to shreds. Hope for something truly catastrophic. 9-1 to Bayern would be perfect.

Goodbye Seti?n

Not a Barca fan?

Even a neutral shouldn’t want Bayern to win when you’ve got Lewandowski doing things like this:

FinBarcelonafan

Setien messed up the subs totally. We were death tired but he wouldn't make any subs. Messi doing nothing with his hurting leg, he should have been subbed. Raki under pressure should have been subbed.. Awful decisions from the coach.

Vilarrubi

Rakitic :worthy:

On a serious note.... De Jong :worthy: :worthy:

EfARXw0XYAIX-AU

soul24rage

Setien messed up the subs totally. We were death tired but he wouldn't make any subs. Messi doing nothing with his hurting leg, he should have been subbed. Raki under pressure should have been subbed.. Awful decisions from the coach.

This is why I don't have any confidence in the Bayern match.

mc_lovin

I was as pissed as you about the subs yesterday, but realistically I dont think it was an awful decision to keep Rakitic on. You sub him and shift Frenkie to DM? Why take the risk? Rakitic at least held his position well (see the graphic above). Frenkie had a great game at LM. You put in Puig or Monchu for him and risk a more open game with a two goal lead.

And imagine taking Messi out, changing the whole dynamic of the game (no fear factor anymore) and losing. That would be the fastest way to get sacked. As long as Messi said hes fine he wont be subbed. I wont put that on the coach.

Home of Barca Fans