Germany

Hektor

It was a harmless joke. Here in Germany we actually had a discussion about it too but I think it was blown way out of proportion.

It was not a harmless joke nor it was a tasteless joke. A winning team always has some positive things to say about the loosing team specially one that takes you to overtime and loses for the minimum difference. Not to mention the Argentine team at all and to disparage the whole Argentine population as losers is unforgivable.

Let us say that a bad mistake was made. Where are the apologies by anyone? It cannot be dismissed as a harmless joke.

Obviously, no one in Argentina will talk about what happened four years ago nor we will use Germany's early exit from the WC to disparage the German team and the Germans. This is exactly what the German players did four years ago when we lost the final.

My dream was to beat Germany and show the members of the German team how Argentines really walked. That is why I was very upset that Argentina could get out of the group stage. Now that Germany is out, it would be nice for Argentina to win the World Cup, but that is all. We'll probably meet in Qatar-2022

Hektor

Last edited:

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
It was not a harmless joke nor it was a tasteless joke. A winning team always has some positive things to say about the loosing team specially one that takes you to overtime and loses for the minimum difference. Not to mention the Argentine team at all and to disparage the whole Argentine population as losers is unforgivable.

Let us say that a bad mistake was made. Where are the apologies by anyone? It cannot be dismissed as a harmless joke.

Obviously, no one in Argentina will talk about what happened four years ago nor we will use Germany's early exit from the WC to disparage the German team and the Germans. This is exactly what the German players did four years ago when we lost the final.

My dream was to beat Germany and show the members of the German team how Argentines really walked. That is why I was very upset that Argentina could get out of the group stage. Now that Germany is out, it would be nice for Argentina to win the World Cup, but that is all. We'll probably meet in Qatar-2022

Hektor
Best part of jokes is when folks get slightly offended. No denying that was mean, but mean stuff is funny. Jesus lighten up Hektor

Catta

Well the Germans were always arrogant people, they always joke by putting others down, so I get why he is offended. I was hoping that they would scrap through their group and get humiliated by Brazil, but this was also not a bad way for Germany to crash out.

DennyCrane

Achtung!

Stop derailing the thread guys, there are important news to dicuss.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jul/03/joachim-low-germany-manager-world-up-stay

giphy.gif

And on that bombshell, we wait for more crap matches in the Nations League.

West Saxon

I don't know, I think Low has earned the right to try and fix this mess. He's been one of their best managers ever, and yes he ballsed this tournament up, big time, but I think he deserves the next Euros to put things right. It's not like there are a whole host of great managers out there who could take over. Klopp is the obvious one, but I'd be stunned if he left Liverpool. Might as well give Low the chance to fix things. It's not like he's suddenly become a terrible manager.

There has to be words behind the scenes with him, though. He's very stubborn and keeps picking the same old names (Muller, Gomez, Khedira, Neuer, Boateng, Draxler, and so on) when these players are either past their peak or just not delivering. It's time to bring through the next generation. Julian Brandt in particular looks like a real star in the making.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
So I read from Bild that DFB officials had to cut the WiFi at the team hotel in Russia because some German players were up all night playing video games. Hilarious if true. Fortnite > WC.

Home of Barca Fans