Valverde sacked!

JohnN

Don't spoil this joyful thread with any negativity. Talk about Setien the board and the players in another thread. This is a sacred place full of happiness and rainbows. What a glorious day.

FatSuarez

The timing of this only highlights the sheer incompetence of the board. Not to mention who they settled on after being rejected by their preferred options.

LMTR14

wonderful thing obv, but will it really change that much. I'm so disillusioned with barca and football in general right now I'm sceptical we'll see major improvements soon

Andresito

Staff member
wonderful thing obv, but will it really change that much. I'm so disillusioned with barca and football in general right now I'm sceptical we'll see major improvements soon

Probably not. But for next season this is great. Setién gets to be part of the planning for 20/21 season, test out players like Riqui (hopefully), Frenkie's best position, Semedo/Roberto etc.

Old guard will need to prove themselves, Alba, Piqué, Busi among others. I just hope Setién doesn't act like a cozy uncle for the seniors.

Giginho75

Congratulations to all Valverde haters. Now you have new coach. Lets see, how long he will last.

Exactly...these are the questions!

Is Setien better than EV? I don't think (Quique is the fourth/fifth choice after Xavi, Koeman, etc. ).
Was the Barca-moment so dramatic to justify this sudden change? I don't think at all.
Will Setien be the coach for Barca future (at least three years)? I don't think again.
Were the players against EV? Absolutely not.

I can agree that the EV era at Barca had to finish in June2020.

Anyway good luck to the new coach.

Last edited:
This is not happening... I am shocked... this should not be possible... I really thought I'll get to fall out from CL from Napoli and lose Primera by Real - and get new, long contract I deserve after all that!

Don't they know my name, my nick? I'm calling Barto right now, he'll get me back or I'll make public those photos...

kristian007

One of our biggest problem is that we dont have players with pace to challenge defenders, messi dont have speed to do that anymore, we need someone with pace one the left wing. Dembele is injured all the time and playing better on right wing than left wing.

CatalinR10

What is this feeling i'm feeling right now ?

Feels better then when i had my first threesome dawgs.

Valverde ( disgusting piece of shit ) should have been fired the day after we lost at Roma.

It's ok Valverde asslickers , probably Europe's big teams will lineup to sign him , you won't miss him for long.

Best day in Barca's last years , the WORST Barcelona coach ever has been fired !

eaman

Very strange timing. After losing in the least important competition(even though you wouldn't think so the way real madrid were celebrating the win). I wonder was there some crazy bonus offered to the winners we dont know about and that's what made up the owners mind

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Very strange timing. After losing in the least important competition(even though you wouldn't think so the way real madrid were celebrating the win). I wonder was there some crazy bonus offered to the winners we dont know about and that's what made up the owners mind

It wasn't only the loss against Atletico, it was that draw against Espanyol as well, losing 2 points against the worst team in La Liga andin general we have been horrible in almost all away matches this season.

Home of Barca Fans