Adrien Rabiot

Jair Ventura

This doesn't make any sense whatsoever. So if France wins the WC , Rabiot will decide to stay in PSG ? Huh ?

France is becoming a football nation. The energy there should they win will be immense. Media, supporters, and the entire french footballing system will be energized.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
France is becoming a football nation. The energy there should they win will be immense. Media, supporters, and the entire french footballing system will be energized.

Of the 23 players that Deschamps called up. 7 of them play in the ligue 1 and out of those 7 , 2 of them are reserve keepers. I just dont see Ligue becoming a football nation anytime soon. Whatever floats your boat though.

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

Of the 23 players that Deschamps called up. 6 of them play in the ligue 1 and out of those 6 , 2 of them are reserve keepers. I just dont see Ligue becoming a football nation anytime soon. Whatever floats your boat though.

The brightest one plays in Ligue 1: Mbappe.

African immigrants, the young people living in French ghettos, developing players around the country-- Will be drawn to the legends he's created this tournament. Never mind what Neymar playing their does for the leagues visibility in South America.

Messi and Ronaldo are in their 30's. Their biggest fans, and the generation of players who grew up in their shadows are aging with them. The next generation of young people will be drawn to Neymar and Mbappe.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The brightest one plays in Ligue 1: Mbappe.

African immigrants, the young people living in French ghettos, developing players around the country-- Will be drawn to the legends he's created this tournament. Never mind what Neymar playing their does for the leagues visibility in South America.

Messi and Ronaldo are in their 30's. Their biggest fans, and the generation of players who grew up in their shadows are aging with them. The next generation of young people will be drawn to Neymar and Mbappe.

Let's see how long they will stay in the French league.

Jair Ventura

Let's see how long they will stay in the French league.

I remember predicting this and a few people here laughing at me:

The French Professional Football League (LFP) awarded the Ligue 1 TV rights for the '20-24 period to Mediapro and beIN Sports, which will replace Canal+, according to Dimitri Ranchou of MEDIA SPORTIF. Starting in '20, Ligue 1 rights will be worth €1.15B ($1.33B) per season, compared to €726.5M ($837.7M) now. This is a 60% increase from the current contract, with lots 5 and 7 yet to be awarded and lot 6 being free. The LFP will pocket €4.6B ($5.3B) over the course of the contract. Mediapro "landed a big blow in the French market" by getting eight out of 10 weekly Ligue 1 matches starting in '20. The Spanish media company won lots 1, 2 and 4. The LFP announced Mediapro is considering "creating a sports channel to broadcast its new acquisition." BeIN Sports' coverage of Ligue 1 will "significantly drop" in '20. It was awarded lot 3 and will show only two Ligue 1 matches per weekend. The channel will also have a magazine on Saturdays that will have access to footage of the first two matches of the weekend broadcast by Mediapro. Pay-TV channel Canal+ has been the official broadcaster of the competition since '84, but "will not show a single Ligue 1 match" under the new contract (MEDIA SPORTIF, 5/29).

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Global/Issues/2018/05/30/Media/Ligue-1-Mediapro-BeIN-Sports.aspx

That's better than either Italy or Germany are getting, and on par with Spain. In 2023, when those rights are renegotiated, after years of Neymar & Mbappe being the worlds most popular players, that deal is going to ballon, and French clubs will have a lot more money to retain players.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Global/Issues/2018/05/30/Media/Ligue-1-Mediapro-BeIN-Sports.aspx

That's better than either Italy or Germany are getting, and on par with Spain. In 2023, when those rights are renegotiated, after years of Neymar & Mbappe being the worlds most popular players, that deal is going to ballon, and French clubs will have a lot more money to retain players.

Money can't buy everything. It is not like whoever has the most money will have the best league in the world. It takes more substance than money.

But let's see how long they will stay. Neymar, I wish he stayed there forever. Mbappe, not so much.

Jair Ventura

Money can't buy everything. It is not like whoever has the most money will have the best league in the world. It takes more substance than money.

But let's see how long they will stay. Neymar, I wish he stayed there forever. Mbappe, not so much.

The only thing French clubs needed was money & viewership. They already have the academies, stadiums, and talent pool.

Morten

Why are you mixing up the French league as a whole with QSG? QSG certainly never will have any problems with money, the rest of the league will remain poor and irrelevant.

Givenchy

All PSG related, or Ligue 1 threads.

When people tell you you're wrong for so long, but you end up being right, it's fair to mention it.

:lol: it might be right but like I said, its a Barca forum. post it in the Ligue 1 thread, not everything freaking PSG player thread. I guess you'll be posting it in the Neymar one next

Jair Ventura

Why are you mixing up the French league as a whole with QSG? QSG certainly never will have any problems with money, the rest of the league will remain poor and irrelevant.

Did we read the same article? The one I posted wasn't about PSG specifically.

Home of Barca Fans