Ronaldinho 05/06 vs messi 08/09

Ronaldinho 05/06 or Messi 08/09

• Ronaldinho 05/06

Votes: 58 47.9%
  • Messi 08/09

Votes: 63 52.1%

• Total voters

hdcantona

ronaldinho was just far more enjoyable to watch than messi is. messi is all about effective, even though he has great dribbling and passing, but ronaldinho had the samba football

this.

fwiw, I personally preferred the way you lot played in 05/06 than last season

footyfan

Calma, calma
HUUUUGE bump but reading this thread made me watch some awesome Ronaldinho videos :worthy:

I never did truly appreciate him when he was at the top of his game, so stupid of me. At the time, his moves just struck me as being unnecessary but now I can understand the genius behind them, especially because no one can do it like him nowadays. He didn't even have a big failure rate like C.Ronaldo (who at the time also was much more entertaining than he is now).

Feeling very nostalgic about those CL days - with the Chelsea-Barca games, THE Istanbul game, Henry vs Real Madrid etc(and the Kaka season later :worthy:)

PSV were so good back in those days with notably Cocu, Van Bommel, Ji-Sung Park, Farfan, Alex in the team

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It's no many years apart but Ronaldinho played in different circumstances and we had Frank Laissez-faire as a manager. Who knows how would Ronaldinho look as false 9. Ronaldinho also won the WC.

Still, I think Messi is the best footballer I've seen in my life.

Gilberto

Even though R10 is my childhood hero, I'd have to go with Messi. I mean, we all love ronaldinho, but can he beat messi?

Home of Barca Fans