World Cup 2018

JamDav1982

What i found weird is that England looked almost as tired as Croatia in extra time, despite Croatia already have played extra time vs Russia.

Since groups Croatia have basically had three days more off and played 30 minutes more football.

Not much in it.

West Saxon

What i found weird is that England looked almost as tired as Croatia in extra time, despite Croatia already have played extra time vs Russia.
That's because we sat back in the second half thinking we could pick them off on the counter. It's always a lot more tiring playing without the ball. We should have got the 2nd and 3rd when we were on top before sitting back, but oh well. It's an inexperienced team which will learn a lot from this game.

Jenks

Nice comment, but what system? You basically had an easy path and scored a lot of goals from set pieces. Played 3 good teams in this tournament, Belgium, Colombia and Croatia. Lost 2 games and drew 1, winning on pens, with Colombia missing their best player.

You want me to explain the system we used? What does that have to do with the path? I'm not sure what you're getting at. I would say though that we haven't really played any of the top teams, but when our current level was finishing last in our group at the last World Cup and being eliminated by Iceland at the last Euros, this run still represents an encouraging step forward. As far as reaching finals and semi-finals goes, England are roughly on par with Poland or Czech Republic since the war. We have a lot of work to do, but at least we're not in complete disarray any more.

Trickykid

We weren't 'naff', we just lack that final, top-quality creative play in the final third. We compensated for that with our strength on set pieces, but that can only take you so far. We don't have great individual players, yet as a team we far overachieved. That's not bad at all. In fact, it's something to be very proud of. :)

Yeah you were pretty naff tbh. Showed a bit of heart but not a whole lot of quality. But absolutely congratulations on getting this far - with a squad like that, I wouldn't have put money on you getting past the groups. So yeah, you most definitely did overachieve.

vlad

Congratulations to all croats here, must be unbelivable for you, your first ever WC final, no?
You clearly deserved it on the night as well, outplayed England in the 2nd half.¨

Im just a neutral in this world cup, but im rooting for Croatia because of Modric pretty much, happy with the result.

Yes, first ever, our best result was 3rd place in France 98", that was madness, and now in finals with chance to win it, what a time to be a Croat

Hamzah

High Definition Member
England are shite, they literally beat Tunisia (in the last minute), Panama (worst team in tournament), Colombia (penalties) and Sweden to get here

They were lucky with their route to this game and big teams all doing badly

JamDav1982

England are shite, they literally beat Tunisia (in the last minute), Panama (worst team in tournament), Colombia (penalties) and Sweden to get here

They were lucky with their route to this game and big teams all doing badly

Croatia have been lucky as well then.

England have played well and did again tonight in first half before game became theirs to lose and Croatia handled it better but not been shite at all this WC.

West Saxon

Yeah you were pretty naff tbh. Showed a bit of heart but not a whole lot of quality. But absolutely congratulations on getting this far - with a squad like that, I wouldn't have put money on you getting past the groups. So yeah, you most definitely did overachieve.
We weren't naff at all. We fall some way short of being one of the very top teams, and lack the top level quality in the attacking third, but we are a good team and outperformed all the favourites bar France and Belgium.

Jenks

If they can slow the game down and keep the ball they will have a chance, but I think if France up the tempo and hit them on the counter then they could get battered.

Home of Barca Fans