CL | 1/8 Finals: FC Barcelona - Chelsea 4-1 agg.

Altomonte

We did not have to run too much against Malaga and had 3 days of rest. Big difference compared to match at Stamford Bridge where we had only 2 days of rest after a difficult game.
Now we play at home with our best team (except Coutinho), and with Messi well rested and happy after the birth of his third child.
I'm not worried.

LeeRomeno

Think we will be fine, Paulinho looked much better vs Malaga, we have had more rest, Iniesta seems back + Dembele has gained more minutes. Every key player is available and we have away goal.

FCBfan22

Looking through training pictures, in a match they played, Alba, Umtiti, Pique, Roberto, Rakitić, Iniesta, Dembele and Suarez were on the same team...

Adding Messi and Busi, could be this the starting 11...

Haydarlakkis

Hello guys.. could you please help me out, i bought tickets for tomorrow’s game on viagogo 3 months ago.. only to get an email from them today saying that the selle has no tickes, i flew all the way from lebanon with two other friends to see this game, i just have no idea where i could possibly try and get legit tickets now.. any advice would be much apprecciated.. thank you

https://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/image-galleries/gallery?view-gallery=73684414

Edit: Alba is't on that team, but the others are. Also interesting how Iniesta is wearing a white bib. Maybe to remind the others to be cautious with challenges.

You may be on to something. Messi, Alba and Busquets were also probably on the orange team but weren't captured in any of the photos.

Looked to me like Valverde was having his starters for tomorrow's match practice against the bench/reserves.

Still doubtful of him playing this XI tomorrow, but it is a major indication of what our lineup might be.

serghei

I would start Dembele with all risks. At home, on our pitch, with 90.000+ fans behind us, with some of the best players in the world. We can do with one risky move.

It's time for a statement in CL after two bad campaigns. We beat Juve 3-0 with Dembele, Suarez, Messi and Iniesta on. It's not that wild.

Chelsea have 4-5 players in their first 11 who we'd see as risks if they were to start for us.

Last edited:

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
The thing is, it is not really a risk. Valverde's extremely cautious approach is the only reason we talk about it like it is some gamble to play Dembele.

serghei

The thing is, it is not really a risk. Valverde's extremely cautious approach is the only reason we talk about it like it is some gamble to play Dembele.

Yea. But Valverde needs to know that if he goes defensive or extra cautious, and we go out on Camp Nou, there's no one but him responsible.

Devils

I'm more concerned about our mentality this match than line-ups or tactics.

Chelsea, given our history with them, is the last team on the planet we should underestimate. We learned that lesson in the home leg in 2012.

Approach this game with the same mentality we did in the Juve/Madrid/Atletico games and we should be progress.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
No team has had a good home performance so far these second legs bar Roma, even those that went through lost or drew. PSG lost at home, Man city lost, Tottenham lost, Utd lost, Liverpool drew. I hope this isn't a pattern that will repeat itself tomorrow. Maybe it's a just a british thing and PSG being bottlers thing.

viper76

With Gomes is 100% confirmed to start this game we going to lose 0-1.
I'm not going to waste my time watching it at 1:15am .

Home of Barca Fans