**EL CLASICO** Lliga | Round 17: Real Madrid - FC Barcelona 0-3

Horatio

You're welcome
You dont get it. Theres a reason why they are 4th this season and this isnt the first time they were poor this season and actually lost against the likes of Betis, who were battered by Valencia. Even if u take Barcelona out of the equation, Real Madrid is still struggling to catch up Atletico and Valencia.

True. But I am not forgetting all the favourable ref calls either last season. Real could have as easily had equally poor results last season but a lot worked in their favour.
Maybe they look slightly worse now because they don't have as much drive as last season, but last year I heard a lot of Madridistas complain that tactically they didn't look great in many matches but it was their will to win that squeezed out a lot of wins.

I just think previous year Madrid was slightly overrated and still think it us that dropped the ball on winning La Liga instead of them playing well. Just like Supercopa.

Also Valencia is having a MUCH better first season half than last year.

Last edited:

Devils

Definitely a memorable Classico.

Not in terms of demolition, but in terms of putting them to the sword and sealing their fate in La liga in December.

Beautiful stuff.

Joan

They also had Ramos-factor many times. Last year's clasico, if Ramos hadn't scored, we would've won the league. That's stupid to say, but last season's Barca was really poor and not that far away from winning thr league.

Windhook

Madrid is just slowing fading away as Ronaldo is, it's just that.

We witnessed once the decline of this RM generation when we buried them 4-0 at Bernaleo in late 2015. They came back stronger than ever.

Too early for such conclusions.;)

Horatio

You're welcome
We witnessed once the decline of this RM generation when we buried them 4-0 at Bernaleo in late 2015. They came back stronger than ever.

Was about to post something similar. But that wasn't really the start of a decline. They had Rafa Benitez. A coach with a vision which none of the players saw and believed in.

D10S_

But when that happen, Ronaldo was on fire, we will see... Madrid now it's only Ronaldo, just my personal opinion without him scoring 50+ goals per season they suck big time.

Windhook

Was about to post something similar. But that wasn't really the start of a decline. They had Rafa Benitez. A coach with a vision which none of the players saw and believed in.

I remember thinking to myself that they were finished with this squad of players. I was so wrong.

But when that happen, Ronaldo was on fire, we will see... Madrid now it's only Ronaldo, just my personal opinion without him scoring 50+ goals per season they suck big time.

Cristiano was on fire playing for Manchester United. He was fantastic in his early years. His role in Real Madrid is mainly to finish with tap-ins, powerful headers, offside goals and once in maybe every 10 games to score from distance, if he is lucky. He is not the ULTIMATE player he poses for. He is past his prime definitely for 3 years now IMO and still wins individual awards thanks to this PR machine behind him. I see his playing style no different than Filippo Inzaghi. And to my knowledge no one among 7 billion people in this world consider the Italian the greatest of all times.

D10S_

I remember thinking to myself that they were finished with this squad of players. I was so wrong.

Cristiano was on fire playing for Manchester United. He was fantastic in his early years. His role in Real Madrid is mainly to finish with tap-ins, powerful headers, offside goals and once in maybe every 10 games to score from distance, if he is lucky. He is not the ULTIMATE player he poses for. He is past his prime definitely for 3 years now IMO and still wins individual awards thanks to this PR machine behind him. I see his playing style no different than Filippo Inzaghi. And to my knowledge no one among 7 billion people in this world consider the Italian the greatest of all times.

Don't disrespect him like that, he is with Messi above everybody else, period. You sound like those people who say Messi is only a Barcelona product that can't deliver on EPL for instance, and it's only good because he had Xavi and Iniesta doing all the work for him, don't be like that.
Ronaldo at United remembers me Neymar at Barça, doing fancy skills but going nowhere with the ball and ruining 1000 goals oportunities.
Ronaldo at Madrid is lethal, a goal-machine, he did adapt so he could win more ballon d'or and yes, he is among the best players of all time for sure.

Windhook

You sound like those people who say Messi is only a Barcelona product that can't deliver on EPL for instance, and it's only good because he had Xavi and Iniesta doing all the work for him, don't be like that.

Bullshit. I never said that, never thought that and such thought will never cross my mind. Messi is above all. Period. I'm not disrespecting, I'm telling you my sincere view, which you turn into a national pride. You said these words earlier:

Madrid is just slowing fading away as Ronaldo is, it's just that.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Any Ray highlights avaliable? I was only able to catch SkySports stream while watching the game :(

Horatio

You're welcome
Confession: I actually overslept. Woke up at 16:00 and match started at 13:00. Even put on my alarm but turned it off in a drowsy state. When I woke up and checked whatsapp no one messaged me about the game so I got worried Barca lost. Immediately went on whoscored.com and was shocked to see 0-3. Thought I was dreaming.
Luckily you can rewatch programs through our subscribed channel, so I rewatched the game from beginning to start including ads and pretended to watch it live even though I knew the score.

Penya

I am a bit late to join into this conversation, but as a new member I thought, I'd drop a line.

This el Clasico was truly a Christmas gift arriving a day early (or two days, if you open your presents on Dec 25th) . Thrashing Real at Sant Bernabeu 3-0 and all our rivals losing their games is something I never even could have had the imagination to ask from Santa. Yet he delivered it in advance! Thanks Santa, you're the best (after Messi of course).

Windhook

Confession: On Friday night I got fucking drunk in a town 150km away from home, fell in a coma about 05:00 am Saturday morning, woke up about 11:30 am, took a shower and left the apartment I was staying at (I slept at friends of mine, we celebrated together some sorts of Christmas gathering). After the shower I still didn't have enough confidence to believe I was sober enough to drive back home, but I took the gamble. It was the fucking El Clasico and my sixth sense was like "if you don't get back home on time Barcelona are losing points just like it happened when you skipped Celta and Valencia matches, you fuck!". So two hours later, 5 minutes before kick-off I was home, fed my cat and opened a bottle of beer and that was it. Barca won! Mission accomplished!:beer:

Horatio

You're welcome
I am a bit late to join into this conversation, but as a new member I thought, I'd drop a line.

This el Clasico was truly a Christmas gift arriving a day early (or two days, if you open your presents on Dec 25th) . Thrashing Real at Sant Bernabeu 3-0 and all our rivals losing their games is something I never even could have had the imagination to ask from Santa. Yet he delivered it in advance! Thanks Santa, you're the best (after Messi of course).

Papa Leonel.

Home of Barca Fans