Which players should FC Barcelona buy in the upcoming years and why?

Muse23

At least Busquets is a professional that trains when he needs to. And he has intelligence, unlike that selfish twat that can kick a bit of the ball but lacks the head to use that talent.

I used the Busquets emoticon for his facial expression :p

Hazard HAS intelligence, how else could he provide so much danger, and assists and fouls on him that lead to goals? He is a great player, even against bigger teams (Lyon, Liverpool, etc..) and deserves a place amongst class/major teams like Valencia, Barça, Arsenal or Roma ;)

abual3bed1

i saw we go for grafite now

you're kidding ,right??

in about 2 or 3 years I say Jean Marie Dongou could play for the senior team. But honestly I'm not sure yet if he will maintain his form/growth to become a part of the senior team.
Thiago seems like a good fit for the system but again too early to say yay or nay on him. So far so good IMO.
Santon seems to be a good option as well but what about Bale from Tottenham? He seems to play similar style as DA. Honestly I'm not too sure since I haven't seen him play too much. Just throwing the names out there.
Cesc should be, if he ever can make his mind up, the replacement for Xavi.

All in all, I think Xavi, Puyol and Villa can have another 3 more years with the team without causing too much headache for Pep.

Oh, what about the kid from Santos? Neymar I think.

on Bale .. I don't thaink that paying 40-50 million in a full back is a wise idea ..

it's either Santon which will make a great deal for barca .. or focus on Bartra to be sub in senior team .. for the Left side .. Abidal is 31 and has at least 2 more years .. Maxwell is 29 and Adriano is 26 ..

Messi__10

Cesc in the upcoming years to replace Xavi. Then we'll have to see how Bojan develops, If he is develops fine he can be our future striker, if not I think Pato or Dzeko would be a good option. Santon or Van der Wiel for right back would be interesting. For the rest I think we have a lot of youth players who should become first team players in some time

Thiago
Fontas
Bartra

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
I used the Busquets emoticon for his facial expression :p

Hazard HAS intelligence, how else could he provide so much danger, and assists and fouls on him that lead to goals? He is a great player, even against bigger teams (Lyon, Liverpool, etc..) and deserves a place amongst class/major teams like Valencia, Barça, Arsenal or Roma ;)
He deserves jack shit. That's the whole problem. The only thing he deserves, is a transfer towards a bigger competition and "try" to get a place in a bigger team indeed, not the place itself.

The kid is 20 and lacks proper intelligence in my opinion. Acts like he is the next best thing while he is basically just Europe's subtop in terms of quality and not even that in terms of consistency.
Not much maturity either. Guy became a father last month when he still was a teenager. He lacks professionalism at this point as well. He has the talent, yes, which is why he can play football the way he does. Nothing to do with intelligence.

He has great potential etc. but I'm inclined to say he will be just another Quaresma. And I don't want that at Barcelona.

Muse23

You must be born a pessimist I guess. He is 20 yes, today (HB Eden ;) ) and is a father. How you get from that to lacking maturity, only God knows. Maybe being a father at his age already shows his maturity. Acts like he is the next best thing: Kidding me, right? Shows me you don't know him at all. Is not complacent at all, shares the sugar when it comes to playing football. He wanted to stay at Lille because he wanted to show consistency (which he does) and wanted to play EL or CL to prove and show himself he could play at a higher level. That he will be the next Q7, no one can say atm, but the best thing he can do right now is a transfer to Arsenal and becoming the replacement of Arshavin by the end of the season. Can communicate with Wenger and Wenger likes to bring Young players.

-------RVP----------
Hazard-Nasri-Walcott
---Song-Fabregas-

Should be nice

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Exactly. Stay at Lille, where he can be the roi-soleil. He stayed, and what did he do? Consistency? Right ... Ended up at the bench for a certain period, cause he actually started thinking he deserved something, being the star of the team,without working for it. Hazard came to the national team around that period, didn't even want to train with the explanation "I don't need training". Bang, not even in the squad as a consequence. No, not complacent at all ...

Oh, I wish he could be the next Messi. But I don't think he is, and the way he is treated (as if he is the next Messi, certainly press in Belgium for instance) will only ruin things, surely if he has shown to be unable to withstand that. Unlike Lukaku (who has far less natural talent) for now, who seems more level headed combined with an education of steel. Or Kompany, whose thread and signing campaign was started by me, not that pessimistic? :p

Arsenal is indeed perfect, Wenger will treat him as that roi-soleil he thinks he is (without him even necessarily being that) and he can be as inconsistent as he wants., it's as far as I see him go. I hope for the country that he proves me wrong, but I fear he won't ever reach his potential and be just one of all those predecessors that thought to make it big once.

Muse23

Very cool to finally have a mature discussion about a player, I like this forum more and more already ;)

You've got some facts twisted/misinterpreted tho: He didn't say he didn't need training, he said he didn't like training, that it's something he needs to pull himself through. Georges Leekens took it personally (which he did great btw), and put him on the bench when it was Belgium against a eastern European team. His coach from Lille did the same for a couple of matches, and Hazard was thankful that they did so. He thanked them both, telling them he needed this to be even more motivated, and that's when he started shining again (Made 3 full pages in L'Equipe, first player ever doing that in the history of the newspaper).

Your compairison with Lukaku is just, but not the same. Education of steel, yes, greatly surrounded by a wonderful dad, who knows what's Lukaku going through, and Anderlecht who would do anything to protect their godsent player. They (RSCA) learned from the mistakes they did with other players (Vanden Borre, Vadis and also Kompany a bit; he was 'lucky' enough to be and act like a professional at a young age)

We both agree Arsenal is the right team for him (for different reasons ;) ), and I'm not saying he is the new Messi. But he could be. Ow how he could be. Hopefully, he'll go to Arsenal and he'll learn even more at a higher level. It would be so great for Belgium :)

Being a father at age 20 is not a sign of maturity tbh.

I think 3.000.000.000 people on this earth would disagree. Very selfish to say this because 'your western education' isn't to fond upon this type of social situations

Last edited:

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
Being a father at age 20 is not a sign of maturity tbh.

thats a stupid thing to say because being a father has nothing to do with age. he earns so much more than people in their 30s can.

so why shouldnt he get a kid if he really wants to?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
thats a stupid thing to say because being a father has nothing to do with age. he earns so much more than people in their 30s can.

so why shouldnt he get a kid if he really wants to?

LOT more is needed to be a good parent/father than just money or commitment to have sex with just one girl... It's really, really difficult to be a good parent at that age, it might turn out to be a fucked up situation for his kid, let alone himself ruining his life

Home of Barca Fans