CL Quarter Finals: Roma - Barca (4-4 agg.)

Devils

From Valverde to Iniesta, the inability of our team to make any sort of adjustment or reaction to what was going on on the pitch last night is what I am still so upset about. Even after the first goal, Real immediately started playing better. Granted, Juve were the better team still, but they at least responded and showed fight and spirit. Even after the 2nd goal, we continued to sleepwalk on the pitch. No passion, no commitment, no urgency.

What is really confusing to me is that we showed all season in La Liga the ability to react to adversity and do what it takes to get back into a game. The game against Real Sociedad was a great example of just that sort of fighting spirit. It was baffling to see none of that yesterday in what was the biggest match of our season. Such an embarrassing send-off for Iniesta.

Not necessarily.

That Sevilla game should have been alarm bells for everyone as opposed to confidence due fighting spirit.

Sevilla was a disastrous game that we managed to scrap back in the final minutes because it was not put to bed due to Sevilla's poor finishing. Roma away was very similar but they were levels more effective in all areas.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Not necessarily.

That Sevilla game should have been alarm bells for everyone as opposed to confidence due fighting spirit.

Sevilla was a disastrous game that we managed to scrap back in the end. Roma away was very similar but they were levels more difficult.

Oh, I was very concerned by the Sevilla game as well, I just thought at the time that we struggled like that because Busquets was out. We will never find a sub for Messi but we desperately need someone who can play a single pivot like Busi. Not saying we can find someone at his level, but just someone with a similar skill-set but the experience and poise necessary (before everyone calls for Samper) to step in and do a job.

Even with Phil next season, we need a lot more quality in MF. Andre, Rakitic, Denis are simply NOT GOOD ENOUGH. I'm thinking Thiago and N'zonzi and that would be a start.

serghei

I wonder why he still has a job.

Me too. The longer it goes, the more likely it is for him to retain his job because the outrage will die down when we win the double (big chances). We'll crash next season on all fronts if we keep this person as our manager. Way too scared of his own shadow.

George_Costanza

Me too. The longer it goes, the more likely it is for him to retain his job because the outrage will die down when we win the double (big chances). We'll crash next season on all fronts if we keep this person as our manager. Way too scared of his own shadow.

No, the outrage will continue once Madrid lifting 3rd consecutive UCL title. It will shadow the league title. Catalans who are looking for independence state should have a European ambition. Winning domestic league doesn't really serve that purpose, they have to show strength on a continental level just like they have to show they are economically superior and culturally different from Spain.

Hardy

distance covered by 8 teams in QF

Juventus 120 km
Liverpool 115 km
Bayern 113 km
Sevillia 113 km
Real 111 km
City 110 km
Rome 108 km

Barca 102 km

KingLeo10

overpaid, entitled divas thinking the opponent is mid-low tier liga team.

greater intensity and effort = better results? who would have thought. pique can take that whatsapp banter and fuck off, as can the quiet enablers like messi and iniesta. ramos is twice the leader than all of them.

Last edited:
From what I've seen in the last years Barca doesn't learn. I think the last time Barca hired a WC player/tactician as coach was Cruyff and Van Gaal. Even Pep was a gamble but Cruyff's suggestion led to the decision. It's likely that he will stay if RM doesn't win CL.

Last edited:

Devils

At least these pussies can rest, relax in the sun, eat some BBQ and have some drinks without having to worry about running mid-week now.

Their fragile mentality and bodies can recover in the comfort of their own home.

Givenchy

distance covered by 8 teams in QF

Juventus 120 km
Liverpool 115 km
Bayern 113 km
Sevillia 113 km
Real 111 km
City 110 km
Rome 108 km

Barca 102 km

thats fucking shocking.. were at a point now where Messi can no longer be in walking mode if we want to win anything next season. really starting to piss me off how limp wristed our players are.

Home of Barca Fans