Sevilla

Newcomer

For the regular watchers of Sevilla, i have heard a lot of good about Sarabia. Do you think he can be a good fit for a club like PSG ? In what position would he be the best considering the existing squad of PSG ?

Messigician

For the regular watchers of Sevilla, i have heard a lot of good about Sarabia. Do you think he can be a good fit for a club like PSG ? In what position would he be the best considering the existing squad of PSG ?

Pay need a CDM like Rodri more than a player like Sarabia

Messi983

He can play multiple positions. Don't know if he's good enough to be a starter (depends on who you will buy/sell) but PSG needs better overall squad depth and for 18M he's a no-brainer in this market.

Messi983

Two most expensive transfers in Sevilla's history quickly gone.

Muriel to Atalanta for around 18M

Promes to Ajax for 15,7M, with bonuses could go up to 17,2M (which would be the most expensive signing in Ajax's history)

Messi983

For incoming transfers it seems Joan Jordan (Eibar) is almost a done deal. Pretty good player, I think he should do well for Sevilla. He will be Monchi's second signing after CB Diego Carlos. I'm wondering what his further plans are. There are rumours linking them with a lot of names including RM players like Ceballos and Nacho (though I think they are both out of their price-range) whom Lopetegui wants.

Messi983

Pablo Sarabia to PSG for 18M. They've really f**** up with his release clause.

Monchi has signed Luuk De Jong for 12M yesterday and it looks like he's close to sign Jules Kounde, 20 year old CB from Bordeaux for around 25M€ (most expensive transfer in Sevilla's history). Maybe [MENTION=23081]Bulgroz[/MENTION] can tell us more about this kid if he's still around. He's apparently arriving to Seville tonight. Big risk investment for a club like Sevilla but with Monchi's knowledge of Ligue 1 and track record I think this could work well for them. Let's hope they'll give Kounde accessible release clause so we can sign him in a year or two if he's a real deal. :)

Also, Reguillon will apparently come on loan from Madrid on Lopetegui's demand.

Bulgroz

Pablo Sarabia to PSG for 18M. They've really f**** up with his release clause.

Monchi has signed Luuk De Jong for 12M yesterday and it looks like he's close to sign Jules Kounde, 20 year old CB from Bordeaux for around 25M€ (most expensive transfer in Sevilla's history). Maybe [MENTION=23081]Bulgroz[/MENTION] can tell us more about this kid if he's still around. He's apparently arriving to Seville tonight. Big risk investment for a club like Sevilla but with Monchi's knowledge of Ligue 1 and track record I think this could work well for them. Let's hope they'll give Kounde accessible release clause so we can sign him in a year or two if he's a real deal. :)

Also, Reguillon will apparently come on loan from Madrid on Lopetegui's demand.

Yeah, I'm still around, lurking a bit, just posting less unless I feel I have something interesting to say :)

Here's what I was saying about Kounde in february, when I rated him among the 5 best french CB prospects:

I'm obviously biased about Kounde since he plays for Bordeaux, but he became a starter a year ago at 19 and is now the most used player in the team. He's a bit small for a CB but he's very rarely beaten in the air, and he never panicks with the ball. Smart player with good technical skills. Seville tried to buy him for 10 millions last summer. I reckon he's already worth more than 15 now. I can see him pulling a Lenglet, going to Seville and ending up in a top team in a couple years.

My opinion hasn't change one bit. His first season was impressive, considering his age, and the fact that Bordeaux had to fight to stay in Ligue 1 when he became a starter. He helped the team tremendously, bringing us to ECL qualification with his performances. His second season has been a bit rockier, which is perfectly normal imo. Especially since he played for one of the poorest Bordeaux side I've ever seen (the club has been bought last summer but it took several months, which lead to a very difficult transfer window). He made a few mistakes, because he's the type of defender who favors possession and hardly ever kick the ball without looking, but he's learning. And his playstyle suits La Liga perfectly. Apparently Monchi wanted him badly. Really hope he adapts well, cause on top of it he's a very good lad, a quiet leader, and a smart guy.

Messi983

Thanks. I'm looking forward to see him in La Liga. He's already in Sevilla and should be officially confirmed today.

Lucas Ocampos will also land in Sevilla this afternoon after they have reached agreement with Marseille for around 15M.

Monchi is really moving fast.

Bulgroz

Kounde officially anounced. At 25 millions, he's Seville's biggest signing ever. Bordeaux's second highest sale, after Malcom (41 millions) and Gourcuff (22 millions to Lyon). Let's hope this move turns out better for him than for the other two.

Home of Barca Fans