Atletico de Madrid

Vilarrubi

I see--thanks for the info. So it's sort of the case that he's being forced out, if what you say is true. That's madness: if we didn't have so many CBs (and possibly with De Ligt coming) I'd take him in a heartbeat. And I'm sure teams like Chelsea, United and Arsenal would love to have him. I wonder why he chose Inter.

Yeah he was saying he turned down United last year.. I’m sure they’d have matched the wages too with the silly wages they pay Sánchez. I think it’s because Inter used to be a pretty big team and they’ve got a history of having South American players.. Batistuta, Zanetti, Forlan, Veron etc maybe he knows something we don’t know and Simeone will end up there, he used to play for them after all and said he wants to return as manager.

LucasHernandez

Can someone explain why he cried so much? If Atleti really means that much to him then why is he leaving for Inter? It's one thing to cry when you retire at a club, or are forced out (Casillas), or leave the team because it is time to (Xavi and Iniesta) but if you made the choice to go elsewhere when you are still a very good player, which Godin is, then why all the tears? Godin could play at Atleti for another 2 years or so. He's a beast.

I don't understand the water works.

He spend nearly nine years at our club- over these prolonged years, his relationship with us and the club continually progressed. I might be stretching it here, but I guess you could say he's somewhat of a father figure or elder brother to us.

His relationship with the fans will no longer continue to develop- of course it's going to emotionally impacting (hence why he broke down in tears the other day).

LucasHernandez

Godin- Free
Lucas- 80M :shakeshead:
Antoine- 120M (assuming he leaves- hopefully that won't be the case)
Vrsaljko- 20M (looking to transfer to Inter)

Our board have to do everything in their power to replace them this upcoming summer- if they fail to do so, then we could be in huge trouble next season...

Some players that I think could make solid replacements include:

-Lucas Digne and Marcos Alonso (in place of Lucas and Vrsalikjo)

-Icardi (in place of Antoine- quality player but would still be a huge downgrade in my opinion)

-Samuel Umtiti (assuming Barca do end up selling him this season)

-If not Umtiti, then Toby Alderweireld (his release clause will apparently be reduced down to less than 30M following the current season)

-If the board have enough financial support remaining, then maybe a solid winger as well (preferably that young Brazilian winger from Everton)

Last edited:

Sterlingfan2000

Godin- Free
Lucas- 80M :shakeshead:
Antoine- 120M (assuming he leaves- hopefully that won't be the case)
Vrsaljko- 20M (looking to transfer to Inter)

Our board have to do everything in their power to replace them this upcoming summer- if they fail to do so, then we could be in huge trouble next season...

Some players that I think could make solid replacements include:

-Lucas Digne and Marcos Alonso (in place of Lucas and Vrsalikjo)

-Icardi (in place of Antoine- quality player but would still be a huge downgrade in my opinion)

-Samuel Umtiti (assuming Barca do end up selling him this season)

-If not Umtiti, then Toby Alderweireld (his release clause will apparently be reduced down to less than 30M following the current season)

-If the board have enough financial support remaining, then maybe a solid winger as well (preferably that young Brazilian winger from Everton)

Rodrigo has a Release clause of 70 Million. City is going to pay it according to rumours

So it's :

Hernandez
Griezmann
Godin
Rodrigo

They are fecking screwed

Cule4life

The Culest
Don't worry your board is good at buying decent players for reasonable money (unlike the clueless twats in our club). The only issue is the quality of talent pool available after rich clubs like Bayern/City are done with picking the cream of the crop.

Catta

Rodrigo has a Release clause of 70 Million. City is going to pay it according to rumours

So it's :

Hernandez
Griezmann
Godin
Rodrigo

They are fecking screwed

For Rodri there are reports of a money + Otamendi deal, and Marcos Llorente from Real is probably coming as a replacement.
Griezmann will be harder to replace, but if Atleti is good at something that is finding WC forwards. The hard part will be replacing Filipe and Juanfran, good FB are rare today.

LucasHernandez

So it's :

Hernandez
Griezmann
Godin
Rodrigo

They are fecking screwed

We are screwed IF our board are unable to find any adequate replacements...

Regarding Rodrigo, I honestly can't see him moving to City- he's still young and will probably need a season or two more before reaching his peak. I have also yet to come across any reliable sources that have confirmed his transfer to City.

LucasHernandez

For Rodri there are reports of a money + Otamendi deal, and Marcos Llorente from Real is probably coming as a replacement.
Griezmann will be harder to replace, but if Atleti is good at something that is finding WC forwards. The hard part will be replacing Filipe and Juanfran, good FB are rare today.
Otamendi? Screw that, he's overrated as hell and only looks decent because of Pep's tactics and system- I'd rather City paid up the entire 70M release clause...

soul24rage

Otamendi? Screw that, he's overrated as hell and only looks decent because of Pep's tactics and system- I'd rather City paid up the entire 70M release clause...

I heard rumors earlier this year that ATM is interested in Walter Kannemann of Gremio to replace Godin. Any news on that?

xXKonan

Might be pricy but I'm surprised Atletico aren't putting their hat in the ring for someone like Dayot Upamecano.

Easily one of the most talented young French CB's out there.

Home of Barca Fans