Other Centre-Back Options

khaled_a_d

what about balanta from river plate i think he plays for and with him coming in from south america the price wouldnt be as inflated as some of the european options

From what I saw I don't like him,his positioning isn't that good and he doesn't strike me as a smart defender ,think he has better potential as a LB tbh,he will have ideal physical tools for the position and his forward movement will be good in that position while his mistakes and lack of good movements defensevely can be more tolerated than being a CB

Adrian

Balanta is young and it's rumoured that Barcelona are looking at him. However he is quite short and not strong, and I'd like a tall and strong defender to improve our set-piece problem.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Benatia, Benatia, Benatia!
Mehdi+Amine+Benatia+UC+Sampdoria+v+Roma+akChTGInjrIl.jpg

Look at this handsome beast.

frog-fcb

What about taking a chance on vidic although hes getting on in years hed be a free signing could mayb do a job for a few years

hulinat

Nobody mentioned Musacchio. He's good, he's young and his contract expires at the end of the season so Barcelona could get him for free from Villarreal.

Trickykid

Nobody mentioned Musacchio. He's good, he's young and his contract expires at the end of the season so Barcelona could get him for free from Villarreal.

Really? He's pretty much been the flavor of the month in here for a while now.

Kohe321

What about taking a chance on vidic although hes getting on in years hed be a free signing could mayb do a job for a few years

No, no and no. The additions Barca sorely needs in various positions needs to be young, because what we really need in the coming years is stability - not one player who comes in and can play 2 seasons.

Also, Vidic has terrible passing and ballcontrol under pressure. Yes, he would be good at defensive and offensive setpieces, but as a teamplaying CB in a tiki-taka system, he would often lose the ball or resort to clearing it I think.

Hummels would be PERFECT for Barcelona. His form during last seasons CL run with Dortmund proves that he is potentially world class. He's also young and could play at Barca for many, many years.

I

instinct

Does anyone have further inormation about Luke Shaw? Is he a potential Barca defender?

Irish_Cules

Does anyone have further inormation about Luke Shaw? Is he a potential Barca defender?

He's a left back, not a centre back. He'll be snapped up by one of the big English clubs. It's not that he doesn't have the quality but there's no chance of him leaving England at such a young age. English players very rarely venture abroad these days.

puri

I already posted in the Transfer thread, but maybe it'd fit in here better.

Matthias Ginter from SC Freiburg. 19y old lad. Playing his 2nd season in professional football. Fast, good positioning and great passer (he often plays midfield in Freiburg). He won the Fritz Walter medal in Gold two times (A award in germany for the best yound players of their age class - Götze won it three times). He was called up for the german national team today for the first time and according to BILD David Moyes was at their game today to scout him (best player on the pitch btw.) He'd cost us 9M and could start for Barca (at 19!). He'd help ter Stegen to settle in (and likewise). Is there any reason not to go for him ? He's superior to anybody mentioned bar Silva and Kompany (he's better than Vertonghen) and has at least the same ceiling as those two.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I already posted in the Transfer thread, but maybe it'd fit in here better.

Matthias Ginter from SC Freiburg. 19y old lad. Playing his 2nd season in professional football. Fast, good positioning and great passer (he often plays midfield in Freiburg). He won the Fritz Walter medal in Gold two times (A award in germany for the best yound players of their age class - Götze won it three times). He was called up for the german national team today for the first time and according to BILD David Moyes was at their game today to scout him (best player on the pitch btw.) He'd cost us 9M and could start for Barca (at 19!). He'd help ter Stegen to settle in (and likewise). Is there any reason not to go for him ? He's superior to anybody mentioned bar Silva and Kompany (he's better than Vertonghen) and has at least the same ceiling as those two.

I wouldn't mind signing a CB so young as long as we had a seasoned one to guide him, but let's be honest, who is going to be his role model/mentor, Piqué? Masch? Bartra? (We all know Puyol doesn't count anymore)

In my opinion, for our immediate needs we need someone who's already proven and knows football inside out...

Faceless

No more faces at night
I wouldn't mind signing a CB so young as long as we had a seasoned one to guide him, but let's be honest, who is going to be his role model/mentor, Piqué? Masch? Bartra? (We all know Puyol doesn't count anymore)

In my opinion, for our immediate needs we need someone who's already proven and knows football inside out...

Maybe Puyol becomes the advisor/coach for training our defenders?...

Is our aim for Inigo Martinez still legit?

Home of Barca Fans