Lliga: Getafe CF - FC Barcelona 0-0

Alik

The way Real Madrid are steamrolling everyone I doubt that even if we were playing better that it would make a difference. At this rate, I don't think it will even be close. It will be probably be a 100+ point win for them.

A better coach however could mean the opportunity to build a team, and stand a chance at the Copa del Rey and CL.

Anyways, just speculating, lets see what happens.

Gaudi

The Whites were shit yesterday until Isco scored a magical goal against the run of play.

For comparison sake.

True, but they always find a way to score and then making it easier for them, we struggle and struggle unless Messi does some super magic.
Someone yesterday wrote RM has speed of EPL and flair of spanish/latin teams...that's great summarizing.

We just play 1-dimensional, good example is this game: a guy named Sammir played for Getafe. He played for my local team Dinamo Zagreb. He is good player, talented but lazy, he doesnt' really defend...jet against us he was always behind ball when needed. Not because he devloped some sence of urgency but because our attack moves so slow he can walk in to his position.

L

linetty

I'm glad I missed the game.

I feel bad seeing how RM plays these days and how we struggle every-fucking-single game. They are a Ferrari and we are a garbage truck.

Not to mention they get penaldos for free and we dont get any penalties, even if they are as obvious as it gets...

barcanuck

This one's on Lucho.

I mean cmon you start old man Xavi and play him 90 mins on a shitty pitch while you got a hungry Rafinha rested for over 10 days now? Makes no sense to keep pumping Xavi's appearance numbers especially in these conditions. How about Iniesta plays 70 mins vs PSG and can't start against Getafe instead of the old X-man?

Why sub Rakitic when he has the best shot in the midfield and gives us a long range option when the bus is parked?

Bartra was our best player vs PSG. What happens to rewarding his big performance against a big team like PSG? Benched. Would of thrown him right back out there either instead of Mathieu or Alves on RB.

Silly shit preferring old men like Xavi and Alves instead of hungry Rafinha and Bartra.

Gift wrapping Real the confidence to go and win the Club World Cup and laugh on their way to Morocco that their little cousin Getafe won them the league.

Iarwain

Average positions:

414532179.jpg

DennyCrane

I really cannot put that lost two points on Lucho. Tactically it was normal approach and actually it was nice to see many combinations on the midfield...until we reached to the box or near it, then magically and out of nowhere individual technique suddenly disappeared, decisions were awful, passes went nowhere etc etc. I thought I won´t see the day when Xavi´s first touch fails him, but today I counted two occasions i guess.
Seems to me that players were not concentrated enough despite Luchos warning before the game in the presser that this is a tricky game.

Yep, the approach was pretty conservative and considering motivation, I'll hold in the teams' favour that this was a rainy afternoon on Getafe's own potato field and it would probably take watching Braveheart in a 10 hour loop to get them pumped for this tie. Also, Getafe fought tooth and nail and were actually pretty well organized, so kudos to them.

Nevertheless, all the problems apparent today are nothing new. It's one thing to deliberately dissolve the midfield in order to gain more width in the attacking third, even if we're not actually gonna do something with it since Alves is walled off so easily on the wing it's not even funny anymore. It's Lucho's decision and he sees that as a tactical stroke and will stick to it anyway. What I find more disturbing is the lack of basics on display, namely the absence of the pass and move routine and the total absence of off the ball movement specifically in the final third. And that has nothing to do with tactics of any kind, it's the basic way of playing every Masia kid absorbs from the day one and I somehow fail to grasp why the team isn't able or willing to implement the very foundation of Barca's play anymorre.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
There's no " pass and move" because our midfield isn't functioning. Rakitic is obviously constrained to watch over Dani (eludes me to what end) and Xavi is simply 35. Busquets barely leaves the center circle (maybe for the best because he can hardly move anyway).
Pitch and rain didn't help either.

If things go on looking like this, I just hope Lucho delivers few youngsters out of this labour. He is stubborn enough to risk it.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Yep, the approach was pretty conservative and considering motivation, I'll hold in the teams' favour that this was a rainy afternoon on Getafe's own potato field and it would probably take watching Braveheart in a 10 hour loop to get them pumped for this tie. Also, Getafe fought tooth and nail and were actually pretty well organized, so kudos to them.

Nevertheless, all the problems apparent today are nothing new. It's one thing to deliberately dissolve the midfield in order to gain more width in the attacking third, even if we're not actually gonna do something with it since Alves is walled off so easily on the wing it's not even funny anymore. It's Lucho's decision and he sees that as a tactical stroke and will stick to it anyway. What I find more disturbing is the lack of basics on display, namely the absence of the pass and move routine and the total absence of off the ball movement specifically in the final third. And that has nothing to do with tactics of any kind, it's the basic way of playing every Masia kid absorbs from the day one and I somehow fail to grasp why the team isn't able or willing to implement the very foundation of Barca's play anymorre.

Not rocket science is it... We don't see that often anymore, strange really because it's very basic yet very effective. In the final third we give the ball to Messi, or sometimes Neymar, and we watch :unsure: "ohhh, look somebody is running behind the defenders and I have all the time in the world to make a perfect through ball, let's just make a 360 turn so that ALL their defenders get behind the ball and ohhh, there is Messi..."

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
But remember last season. Tata gave up too soon, rm and atleti dropped points, and we could had won, if we hadn't embraced defeat so soon.

Exactly. No matter how dire the situation, the team should always fight to the very end.

Butifarra Eater

Lucho's comments after the match are a fireable offense. Any Catalan speaker feel free to disagree with me.

He has no idea what he's in charge of. Or, he doesn't respect it. There is no alternative option. We have a small time nobody in charge of the greatest club in the world, and the board is filled w/ mildly retarded financial gangsters.

Hyperbolic? I'd say so in most cases. But in this case I'm right.

The weekly wages of this club could end unemployment in half of Catalonia and his basic synopsis?

Shit happens.

Yeah OK.

We need a real manager. And a real board. Hell I'd sell the club to an oil shiek who would dismiss the board and get grown ups involed in the club at this point.

The results aren't great but they don't denote crisis mode. but the intellects, decisions, and management comments absolutely do.

IMO.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

This team has alot of bored over the hill players. We also have a clueless coach.

What do people expect?

It will be another three seasons before we become a major force in Europe again.

This is the time of Rm. Hate to say it but it's true.

Hoping Am beat Rm to the title.

Barcilliant

Lucho's comments after the match are a fireable offense. Any Catalan speaker feel free to disagree with me.

He has no idea what he's in charge of. Or, he doesn't respect it. There is no alternative option. We have a small time nobody in charge of the greatest club in the world, and the board is filled w/ mildly retarded financial gangsters.

Hyperbolic? I'd say so in most cases. But in this case I'm right.

Sir, you're right. No hyperbole there.

Morten

i remember we played pretty poor the first few months with Ancelotti, so there is plenty of time to correct upon.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I think our best shot at a trophy this season is a Cup competition, because it's easier for the brilliance of our players to overcome the incompetence of Lucho in 1-2 games than it is to do so for the whole season. Even then, we'd need a lot of luck to win anything at all.

Home of Barca Fans