Tito stepped down as Barça's coach. New coach to be announced next week.

Stric

There was never a Tito's tiki-taka. We never played the "real tiki-taka" on Tito's season. The only time I saw a close to Pep's tiki-taka was when we beat Milan with 4-0. Our passing last season was too slow and no pressing.

+1

Not every sequence of 3 passes is tiki-taka.

sailor

According to Sport and MD, RM approched Tata by the end of the season and he refused the proposal. They put him second after Ancelloti.

Hektor

According to Sport and MD, RM approched Tata by the end of the season and he refused the proposal. They put him second after Ancelloti.

One more reason to love Tata - he knows good (Barca) from evil :barca scarf: . Do i hate Real Madrid? No. I only hope they just go away, Greenland or Atartica is a good place for them!

i_bleed_blaugrana

I've only watched one game he's been involved in and that was the Paraguay-Spain match. Arguably the best game of the tournament and a far superior Spain were a converted PK away from elimination from a far inferior side (at least on paper). I was very impressed with what Tata was able to accomplish tactically.

Essentially, he is a younger, less controversial Bielsa. Not a bad move and according to what I've read, his philosophy closely matches ours. He has the tactical nous to know how to tinker with the team, which is what we will need against Pep. A Barça-Bayern rematch next year will be almost a chess match between Martino and Pep, exactly the coach we need.

My only concern is can he control and manage a star-studded team like this with a lot of egos. Since Messi pretty much made this call, I am a bit concerned with Neymar's development. Perhaps Messi wanted a coach that would show him more favoritism than Neymar? Idk I just hope he can bring out the best in both Neymar and Messi and help develop our young players (Tello, Neymar, Montoya, etc.) and promote the youth again.

I see a 3-3-1-3 in our future lol...

VV
Puyol-Silva-Piqué
Cesc/Xavi-Busi-Iniesta
Messi
Pedro-Sanchez-Neymar

Hektor

Hi,

"Tata" is a very common name in Argentina. It comes from the gaucho culture and lexicon, which means "Father." It comes from the Quechuan language (Inca) and also the Guaranian language (Guarani indigenous nation,) north east Argentina and Paraguay, which also means "Father."

Hektor

Stric

Tata also means 'dad' in Croatian and some other Slavic languages. For anyone from around here, it's gonna be hilarious listening about how Dad is leading the team... :lol:

Hektor

Tata also means 'dad' in Croatian and some other Slavic languages. For anyone from around here, it's gonna be hilarious listening about how Dad is leading the team... :lol:

Thanks for your response. I'm aware that "Tata" means Dad in many languages (in Singhalese, for example - wife is from Sri Lanka,) just in case some people are not aware of it.

Tata or no Tata, we still need a central defender or two. This is a must!

Hektor

Au7hier

Whoever we get, I hope they bring back the pressing/attack game we had while Pep was here. I agree with others who posted that our 'tiki-taka' lost some flair and while ball possession was excellent, we didn't convert that into goals(ex: CL games). From what I have read about Tata, he looks like a very suitable candidate for the position and appears to share some of the same tactical characteristics that Pep did.

jairzinho

Have to say i'm hugely excited about Martino even though i'm not too familiar with him or his playing style. But i think we can definitely use someone who can bring some new ideas to the table and mesh it with our current style. Can't wait for him to get down to work.

Home of Barca Fans