Andres Iniesta

Ritchie

That's very disrespectful. No need to insult a legend like Iniesta.

We need to move on. Give him a great send off at the end of the season like Xavi got - that's respect. But know when it's time to replace.

I'm sick of watching a shit and slow midfield. It's given Real the last two CL.

Cule4life

The Culest
We need to move on. Give him a great send off at the end of the season like Xavi got - that's respect. But know when it's time to replace.

I'm sick of watching a shit midfield. It's given Real the last two CL.

Ofc its the Boards fault that Iniesta is still our best MF. But calling Iniesta a waste of a shirt is disrespectful.

Ritchie

Is that you Bartomeu, you rat bastard just can't stop disrespecting our legends. We will always have a place for Iniesta, is this how you're gonna treat Messi in 3 years, huh. Ungrateful

It's how the club need to think. You can't just keep keeping players past their sell by date, or you end up with an old squad of players with no re-sale value who one by one will need replacing at 100 million a throw. I.e. pretty much where we are now.

We have to keep up with Real Madrid or the best we can do every year is Copa Del Ray.

Iniesta is a legend. He now needs replacing. The midfield is costing us.

Last edited:

Ritchie

I'm losing hope in him too. But Iniesta deserves a life time contract and rotational role.

And there are greater problems that need to be resolved first such as the board, selling bad players on high wages such as Rakitic, Arda Turan, Mascherano and hiring a tactically competent manager.

Between now and the start of next season:

Release Iniesta at the end of the season, or new contract on a much reduced wage as a squad player.

Get Turan off the wage bill. Why can't we get some money from China or Turkey?

Sell Rakitic and Gomes. Should bring in 50 million in this market.

Sign 2 midfielders (Coutinho and a controller).

Busquets, Coutinho, a controller. Back ups Roberto, Paulinho, Iniesta/Alena. D.Suarez and Rafinha can also cover midfield.

Zuti

Release Iniesta at the end of the season, or new contract on a much reduced wage as a squad player.

Busquets, Coutinho, a controller. Back ups Roberto, Paulinho, Iniesta/Alena. D.Suarez and Rafinha can also cover midfield.

All of this should happened before the start of THIS season, not the next. And with the signing of 2 quality midfielders Iniesta should habe played a role similar to Xavi in his last season for Barca.

Ritchie

All of this should happened before the start of THIS season, not the next. And with the signing of 2 quality midfielders Iniesta should habe played a role similar to Xavi in his last season for Barca.

It should have but we spent too long pissing about over Verratti who we were never going to get and then got thrown by the neymar deal.

Agree with most of these observations. Though I would rather Gomes to be given a chance under a tactically astute manager who plays any variant of total football.

Also, I don't want Iniesta's wage to be reduced. He is one of the reasons Barca is what it is now. Promising him a new off field role after retirement and convincing him to renew with the same wage would be fine.

I have talked about the problems that needs to be addressed in Barca in the blog. Wish you would have a look on it.

Home of Barca Fans