10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeloBarca

There are bandwagon fans everywhere, this forum is a perfect representation of that. "Soccer" is growing here, especially the last 4-5 years. I was born and raised here with Brazilian descent in both my parents. I've also been a Barca fan since Ronaldo signed for Barca when I was 11.

That type of mentality is ignorant, especially considering a lot of Europeans here have absolutely no idea what they are talking about and play too much football manager.

There are bandwagon fans everywhere, especially when a team becomes successful.

In general, the knowledge about football is much higher in Europe though. Watching footbal commentators in Copa America could be cringeworthy at times talking about tactics that made no sense and using terms that has nothing to do with football.
BeinSport USA is good though thanks to Ray. Phil Schoen next to him is also ok for beeing American.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Could say the same for the knowledge of NFL and Basketball is higher in the US.

Let's be honest; the big "analysts" in Europe and the US do suck. People get a wrong impression of their level of knowledge because of the wrong people. Some of them don't even follow the sport that much, but are still for some reason experts.

Put the best football people from Europe and the US in the same room and the playing field would be level, likewise in other sports.

SirXavi

The Engineer
:lol: In Canada the overall knowledge of football is even worse than the USA. Though the few that do know about it truly show it when they talk.

jj_101

:lol: In Canada the overall knowledge of football is even worse than the USA. Though the few that do know about it truly show it when they talk.

Are you sure you live in Toronto? As one of the most multicultural cities in the world, you couldn't be more wrong. Just about every family in the city has football fan roots. Ì lived in California for two years and apart from Mexicans, people could care less. Even the Mexican's were too busy trying to eek out an existence to care.

Last edited:

xXKonan

I live in a state that is nothing but College(Football/Basketball) and NFL/NBA. Football here has really no place here sadly.

It's different in California where I'm originally from. From my experience I have encountered a lot of Barcelona/Madrid fans when I moved back there for a short time in 2003-2005. Hell my family on my moms side are full of Barcelona fans and Madridistas and most of them live in California.

Here in Oklahoma, well the town I live in it's rare that you would find someone who's really dedicated to the sport. Funny enough a year ago I was doing some errands with my dad and I spotted some dude walking down the street decked out with a 2014/15 Messi Jersey. :lol:

SirXavi

The Engineer
Are you sure you live in Toronto? As one of the most multicultural cities in the world, you couldn't be more wrong. Just about every family in the city has football fan roots. Ì lived in California for two years and apart from Mexicans, people could care less. Even the Mexican's were too busy trying to eek out an existence to care.

I meant Canada as a whole. Outside of the big cities there are still a shit ton of people that don't care much for football, but I have come across people in Toronto that don't give a damn about it. Though the popularity is growing (impact of the Women's World cup that we hosted last year, not very expensive to play like hockey, increasing number of children of immigrants), there is still much work to be done.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I live in a state that is nothing but College(Football/Basketball) and NFL/NBA. Football here has really no place here sadly.

It's different in California where I'm originally from. From my experience I have encountered a lot of Barcelona/Madrid fans when I moved back there for a short time in 2003-2005. Hell my family on my moms side are full of Barcelona fans and Madridistas and most of them live in California.

Here in Oklahoma, well the town I live in it's rare that you would find someone who's really dedicated to the sport. Funny enough a year ago I was doing some errands with my dad and I spotted some dude walking down the street decked out with a 2014/15 Messi Jersey. :lol:

I'm the only Barça fan in my close family. Most of them are Madridistas or Man Utd fans.

Heck most of my friends are Madridistas. One of them even started to fucking cry when Portugal won the Euro because of his disturbing love for Cristiano :lol: :lol:

So yeah. That's my luck. The icing on the cake would be if I somehow end up getting together with or marrying a closet Madridista too.

Last edited:

Chainsaw

Killahead
So Maradona said he was trying to contact him, call him to convince him to reconsider his International Retirement, but he isn't picking up the phone :lol:

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/messi-no-pone-telefono-maradona-5269516

That must has something to do with Messi's personality, which he has none.

I'm the only Barça fan in my close family. Most of them are Madridistas or Man Utd fans.

Heck most of my friends are Madridistas. One of them even started to fucking cry when Portugal won the Euro because of his disturbing love for Cristiano :lol: :lol:

So yeah. That's my luck. The icing on the cake would be if I somehow end up getting together with or marrying a closet Madridista too.

Isn't your friend called footyfan by any chance? :facepalm:

Last edited:

Total-Football

extending his vacation is good news .. i have a troubled feeling about messi next season .. either he'll play like gods again or he will be demotivated again? fingers crossed .. good news is : a demotivated messi is still head and shoulders above any mortal in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans