Luis Enrique

khaled_a_d

Denis has had one good game this season, I really don't understand why people want to start him. Gomes-Rakitic seems to be a much better combination, and Gomes has showed some solid offensive qualities in the last couple of games.

They looked horrible against Valencia and we lost with them when they started against City too. In general they are way too static to be starting duo. Agree with [MENTION=20420]God Serena[/MENTION] here and actually said it b4. when Iniesta out then it is Denis/Rafinha playing beside Rakitic/Gomes. This is the best combination for us.
And the selection depends on the game,for example Denis is better than Rafinha when we are playing against team that attack us while Rafinha seem more suited against parking the bus with his goal scoring abilities.

I think he is receiving the same criticism that he got in the 14/15 season, a season that he and we got lucky, basically he hasn't changed much at all. His tactics (if there is any) are messy and inconsistent, his decisions are often erratic and unexplainable and he seems to be very inflexible.

I am dumbfounded as to why he doesn't see the glaring problems we have and if he did, why he chose to do nothing.

He is a nice guy and I like him, but he doesn't have what it takes to lead a team like us. Luis Enrique out.

So winning triple followed by a double and he doesn't take what it takes to lead us? :rolleyes:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
So winning triple followed by a double and he doesn't take what it takes to lead us? :rolleyes:

I think Luis Enrique did a great job unleashing MSN's potential and I thought he did a good job in the treble season to improve our defense (which has since crumbled in my opinion), but other than that, I don't know what his impact or legacy on us is. Can you name something?

Raketa10

I honestly can't understand people who are still behind Lucho. We are playing bad from March last year. Players are confused, we do not have clear tactics and we rely heavily on MSN. When will people realize he has lost it, after we loose all trophies this season?

We have very very good squad, except RB position we are well covered, much better than last season and we will cover RB position also in January but nothing will change. Is it not obvious that entire squad is out of the form?! Look at Neymar, Suarez, Rakitic, Busquets! Level of their form is far below what we are used to not to mention that they do not even know what should they play. Neymar is all over the place, Busquets is lost in Lucho tactics, Rakitic also. Compare Neymar in Brazil with this one. Every single player in our squad is currently bellow his optimal form ant that can be only MANAGER'S fault!

I am sure that Pep would do miracles with this team and Lucho is after 3 months in no mans land. I am 100% sure Sampaoli, Klop or Pochettino would be faaaaaar better choice than Lucho right now.

After todays huge flop he tells he is satisfied with team effort and that we played well?! He is than truly blind or he is so egoistic he just can't admit we are tottaly inefective and players are lost out there! There is only one reason he has 5 trophies in last two years and that is Messi without him he would not have any.

This year Barcelona is looking like Real Madrid under Benitez last year.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

I think Luis Enrique did a great job unleashing MSN's potential and I thought he did a good job in the treble season to improve our defense (which has since crumbled in my opinion), but other than that, I don't know what his impact or legacy on us is. Can you name something?

We had a season with no major trophy before he came and he turned us into the most dominant force in football again,having our two most consecutive successful seasons in our history.
No matter how great the players you have you can never win without a good coach,Lucho tactics had unleashed MSN potential which during Suarez signing many thought that it would be really difficult for such 3 stars to play to their full potential together.
Sure he sacrificed the midfield a little in the process but then again there is only one ball in the game and it is almost impossible to retain the midfield dominance at the same time of playing MSN to their potential.
Lucho has made many players to play to their full strength again,people quickly forget how bad this team had became in the last two seasons under Tata and to less extent Tito,how Pique under performed or how bad was Busquets and the whole Neymar is overrated and Messi is done debates we had back then.
He has legacy with us.
Coaches like players can under perform or be done at times,I am not sure if this will end up being the case with Lucho at the end of the season but doing bad in one year doesn't take from your success in another year.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
MoM thread is great indication of how things are working for us this season.

Never did I have it as tough so many times as this season to pick 3 best performers and we had MoM thread even before BarcaForum.

FC B

It is time for a much better coach, Barca deserves it! Don't think he's gonna turn things this season as well.

serghei

He showed he can be good, but he also showed at Roma that he can fail. So far this season we see more of the Lucho from Roma, than Lucho from the 2014-15 season.

mssarm

Don't forget the Pep years when we were team with no plan B. How every team out there figured out how to beat Barca. Now we tactically have plan A, B and C. Funny but your comment is like that famous episode of Life of Brian "What have the Romans ever done for us". I was expecting a drop in our performance this year because you don't have the players in their primes anymore and you have bunch of talented players that you need time to develop. Kudos to Lucho for sticking around and giving chances to players like Sergi, Rafinha, Paco, Denis, Dinge, Gomes. I don't remember seeing that under Tito or Tata. It probably will be painfull this year, but it will pay off big time in the future.

Raketa10

We had a season with no major trophy before he came and he turned us into the most dominant force in football again,having our two most consecutive successful seasons in our history.
No matter how great the players you have you can never win without a good coach,Lucho tactics had unleashed MSN potential which during Suarez signing many thought that it would be really difficult for such 3 stars to play to their full potential together.
Sure he sacrificed the midfield a little in the process but then again there is only one ball in the game and it is almost impossible to retain the midfield dominance at the same time of playing MSN to their potential.
Lucho has made many players to play to their full strength again,people quickly forget how bad this team had became in the last two seasons under Tata and to less extent Tito,how Pique under performed or how bad was Busquets and the whole Neymar is overrated and Messi is done debates we had back then.
He has legacy with us.
Coaches like players can under perform or be done at times,I am not sure if this will end up being the case with Lucho at the end of the season but doing bad in one year doesn't take from your success in another year.

MSN turned us not Lucho. And he is doing bad from March last year. Team is playing worse and worse and this will end up bad for us. If RM wins today they will have 4 points more than we do and all that with Modric out for over a month, Ronaldo out in the start of the season and now Kroos. Be realistic Lucho is done here, it's not one bad game we are struggling for months now.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Don't forget the Pep years when we were team with no plan B. How every team out there figured out how to beat Barca. Now we tactically have plan A, B and C. Funny but your comment is like that famous episode of Life of Brian "What have the Romans ever done for us". I was expecting a drop in our performance this year because you don't have the players in their primes anymore and you have bunch of talented players that you need time to develop. Kudos to Lucho for sticking around and giving chances to players like Sergi, Rafinha, Paco, Denis, Dinge, Gomes. I don't remember seeing that under Tito or Tata. It probably will be painfull this year, but it will pay off big time in the future.

Pep's Plan A was much better than all of Lucho's plans :lol:

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
His lack of trust in La Masia is something I can't really wrap my head around... Sandro and Munir shipped out for Paco, Samper shipped out and no DM backup, no foreseeable RB backup in sight, zero chances for young midfielders and defenders; and instead we sign average players at a premium price to fill the spots young players should be using...

I really can't see kids doing any worse than some of the players on the first team...

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Could you please tell me what are those plan A, B and C? Because I only see a guy making lineups based on whims... Seems like he's more worried about spreading minutes equally than actually making the team work...

serghei

What was painful to watch in Pep' last year was us not being able to score 4-5 goals against Chelsea from about 15 great chances.

Home of Barca Fans