Thomas Lemar

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I didn't argue against that,just saying that you had a bad example tbh. navid talked about fitting to system not quality

Sadly enough,I think Iniesta shouldn't be a starter next season. Xavi has shown us before we shouldn't overuse players. It is really tough to remain Barca starting midfielder at the age of 33 and still perform on high level.Don't remember anyone who has done it be tbh.

For the positions they're playing, the players I mentioned haven't exactly been perfect fit either, although as I said I'd like another season to judge them, although if there's an opportunity in the market for a player like Lemar, then I'd take it. With hyped players like him(for good or worse), you're not losing money even if he doesn't pan out anyway.

Whether Iniesta should be or not, you and I both know he will be a starter next season. None of the players we have right now good enough to replace him, nor will we see a change in the system unless someone like Sampaoli is appointed which seem less likely than Valverde or perhaps even Eusebio. Just hope Koeman stays away tbh. Not that I have anything against him, but he seem to be more of a conservative coach than the aforementioned trio.

Jombi

It is all about the quality & fit in the system. Versatility is good but it it can also be bad if you don't excel in at least one position in our system. i.e it is gr8 when both conditions are met.
Look at Arda for example

I am not saying "buy versatile players no matter how average they are". I am saying we should look for quality players that are versatile. Like a LB who could play RB, which was a no brainer this summer, and a forward who could play numerous positions which was also a no brainer. We pay the price for this now.

I never wanted Arda. People hyped him up like crazy as some world class player who was amazing at Atletico Madrid. I warned against it. He was just an average player who looked better than he is in Simeone's defensive system. He was simply not Barca quality, had nothing to do with his versatility. Its the same as Gomes, Paco and others. Just not Barca quality. Thomas Lemar on the other hand. Thats real quality. I have no doubt he has what it takes to succeed at Barca. Its just a shame that we have waited so long to sign him we would have to pay an extraordinary amount of money to sign him now.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

I think we can forget about that 30m figure :lol:

Monaco seem to be a weird case tbh. I mean Carrasco & Kurzawa were sold with relatively low price while Martial with big one.
I won't be surprised if Lemar cost less than this number or more than twice of it tbh.

El Barcelona

Monaco seem to be a weird case tbh. I mean Carrasco & Kurzawa were sold with relatively low price while Martial with big one.
I won't be surprised if Lemar cost less than this number or more than twice of it tbh.

With all the hype and recent interest from other European club's in their players, they will ask big money from now on I think. Martial big is maybe because it was Manu, they throw every window gazillions of euro's to players.

khaled_a_d

With all the hype and recent interest from other European club's in their players, they will ask big money from now on I think. Martial big is maybe because it was Manu, they throw every window gazillions of euro's to players.

They reached QF in 2015 CL too when all those players were sold and there was a lot of hype surrounding them.
Also just like Martial all the hype seem to go to Kylian Mbappé and Bernard Silva not Lemar.
I think it depends on Monaco willingness to sell,what player wants and which clubs are in for him. Again I won/t be surprised if he is gone for 25M or 70M. Monaco seem like a weird case tbh.

There's still a lot of hype on Lemar. He's better than Martial has been for Monaco before. As the rumor goes, the club wants to hang onto Lemar this summer, it's B.Silva who may leave. And we should get on that train but oh well.

Home of Barca Fans