Mohamed Salah

M

MessiCam

I don't get the fuss about this guy. He has talent yeah and a scary turn of pace but he can't finish his breakfast...

Ritchie

I don't get the fuss about this guy. He has talent yeah and a scary turn of pace but he can't finish his breakfast...

Flopped at Chelsea. He was good in Serie A but that turn of pace really stands out there and there's some real shit in that league (Higuain bangs in 30 a season).

Mane is better.

JamDav1982

The amount of goals he gets shows he can finish.

Thought he looked quite dangrous v Man Utd yesterday and couple times on ball they couldnt get near him.

M

MessiCam

The amount of goals he gets shows he can finish.

Thought he looked quite dangrous v Man Utd yesterday and couple times on ball they couldnt get near him.

His problem has never been looking dangerous... His problem is that he wastes glorious opportunities.

His shot conversion rate is atrocious. He also tends to miss a lot of big chances... He missed 21 big chances in 37 appearances last year and this year he is already sitting on 6 big chances missed in 10 appearances.

For some context... Messi missed 11 big chances in 52 appearances last year.

khaled_a_d

His problem has never been looking dangerous... His problem is that he wastes glorious opportunities.

His shot conversion rate is atrocious. He also tends to miss a lot of big chances... He missed 21 big chances in 37 appearances last year and this year he is already sitting on 6 big chances missed in 10 appearances.

Messi is one of the all time great finisher, you aren't putting anything in context by such comparison.
Anyway, he is wasteful for sure, but at the end football isn't basketball were you have to consider field goal percentage, he is able to get himself into great positions almost every game. Overall I think he is very good buy for Liverpool

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He's been much better than I expected.

It looks like he learned a lot from that Chelsea experience with Mourinho(shocker, guy also sent KDB and Lukaku away) and his time in Italy.

Thought he could only run in a straight line forward and be very one-dimensional, but he's been much more than that.

Not often you see players working on their game like that so full credit to him.

JamDav1982

What is a 'big chance'?

Messi may be the best finisher ever anyway.

Salah has been a great signing for Liverpool and will get plenty goals.

M

MessiCam

Messi is one of the all time great finisher, you aren't putting anything in context by such comparison.
Anyway, he is wasteful for sure, but at the end football isn't basketball were you have to consider field goal percentage, he is able to get himself into great positions almost every game. Overall I think he is very good buy for Liverpool
Can we apply this same logic to Neymar and Suárez then?

And yes, he was a good acquisition for Liverpool.

M

MessiCam

What is a 'big chance'?

Messi may be the best finisher ever anyway.

Salah has been a great signing for Liverpool and will get plenty goals.
A big chance is a clear cut goal scoring opportunity.

Why am I explaining this?

Neymar and Suárez get shit for being wasteful but Mo gets a free pass. Fans neah...

M

MessiCam

Saw that he scored but didn’t watch the game. Also, it’s not a good chance it’s a big chance.

Benzema’s misses were classified as big chances missed. Should have scored those.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans