1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Jurij

Can't wait for the 1st Barcaforum Ter Stegen meltdown when he makes a mistake like this :lol:
But he is young and has the potential to become the best goalie in the world in my opinion.

Yes... people will hate him. That is a sure thing. No matter how good he will be Barca fans will demand that he be sold. We saw it with Valdes and Pinto and are going to see it again.

FC B

He seemed so confident in the interview and he knows how to answer questions pretty well for his age. I wonder if he'll play well for Barca right form the start.

ebieymjunior

He seemed so confident in the interview and he knows how to answer questions pretty well for his age. I wonder if he'll play well for Barca right form the start.

If it wasn't for Neuer, he'd be much more confident, playing with national team and all. Look at Courtoi.

L

linetty

New Barcelona goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen has been chosen by Monchengladbach fans as their player of the season. [borussia]

F

Flavia

No, I meant who's gonna be #1, who 2nd?
Both are actually to good to be a second.

That's a good question. Zubi wants MAtS to be #1, and it all indicates he will be. Lucho and Unzue also rate MAtS, but also really wanted Bravo. It's all unclear at this point.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Maybe they'll do what RM did by having TS start in La Liga while Bravo does in CL and Copa Del Rey

suckabov

Lemon curry?
I expect MAtS to be #1. Had they wanted him to be #2 or to have serious long-term competition, they could have gotten e.g. Navas. I don't think Bravo would be too good to be a backup either (considering his club form), but he'd be a very good one, unlike Pinto. Might be that Lucho really wanted him because of exactly that?

Either way I wouldn't want Bravo as #1, world cup form or not I don't rate him that much.

Last edited:

Galning

I don't have a good feeling about this. It looks like Ter Stegen is Zubi's signing and Bravo is team Lucho's signing.

Irish_Cules

I do think it puts more pressure on Ter Stegen to prove himself, and not in a good way. However, I can see the reasoning behind it. If Mats is having trouble settling in then they know they can turn to an experienced goalkeeper who has played in La Liga. Hopefully Mats is able to stand up to the challenge.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
I don't have a good feeling about this. It looks like Ter Stegen is Zubi's signing and Bravo is team Lucho's signing.

Zubi said on MAtS' presser that when they started scouting him in 2011/12, they showed him to the then gk coach, who was impressed by him. If I'm not mistaken, that was Unzué at the time. So I do think they approve of MAtS.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans