Ivan Rakitić

hamoon32

There is no single thing he does better than Roberto. Don't know why EV Doesn't give Roberto a chance in that position.

God Serena

What are you even talking about, when he came in for Paulinho the game got much better, can't even admit it after this game...

Being an upgrade over Paulinho means nothing. Absolutely nothing. The guy works hard to score but as far as midfield contribution goes he's easily the worst I've seen wearing a Barca shirt. The guy doesn't even bother to play in the midfield most of the time, ffs.

FCBfan22

Wouldn't say good. I'd say okay. Still lots of sideways/backwards passing (not misplaced this time though) and obvious lack of pace. But the whole team benefited a lot because of him and Iniesta being used to play next to eachother.

God Serena

So apparently Rakitic did good today? (didn't see the game)

He was just as good as normal. Had one play where he held the ball for a good 5 or 6 seconds before passing back which was good for a laugh but since the midfield went from Paulinho-Denis to Iniesta-Rakitic he looked like a god in comparison.

Horatio

You're welcome
He looked good because this was Las Palmas. Rakitic plays decent against mid/low tier teams. We need him in the big matches though.

Ripsta

He looked good because this was Las Palmas. Rakitic plays decent against mid/low tier teams. We need him in the big matches though.

Think you mean we don't need him in the big matches. He's the slowest footballer in Europe, makes Fabregas look like Walcott.

God Serena

The majority of the time Rakitic is below decent even against mid/low tier teams, if we're being honest. Even today he wasn't exactly playing well.

Horatio

You're welcome
The majority of the time Rakitic is below decent even against mid/low tier teams, if we're being honest. Even today he wasn't exactly playing well.

If we are being honest regarding todays' match: you are right, but same goes for most players.
But I remember him getting praise for a couple of games in previous La Liga games this season. That is what I remember at least.

Nothanks

He was just as good as normal. Had one play where he held the ball for a good 5 or 6 seconds before passing back which was good for a laugh but since the midfield went from Paulinho-Denis to Iniesta-Rakitic he looked like a god in comparison.
??
he had a great volley shot that set up the corner for our first goal.

overall he did much better than paulinho, as much as people want to right off rakitic he's currently the best we got (next to iniesta) which just shows how bad we are in the midfield.

God Serena

??
he had a great volley shot that set up the corner for our first goal.

overall he did much better than paulinho, as much as people want to right off rakitic he's currently the best we got (next to iniesta) which just shows how bad we are in the midfield.

That volley is the only noteworthy contribution from him in 45 minutes. As I've said before being better than Paulinho means nothing at all. A scarecrow would do a better job in our midfield than Paulinho. He's awful and just because he's the "Best we've got" doesn't mean we should pretend he's anything better than utter dog shit.

Nothanks

okay? i think everyone has agreed we need an improvement in the midfield

but beating a dead horse saying he is bad and shouldn't be in the starting 11 is dumb, he is the best we got who should we play over him?
turan? Paulinho? rafinha? gomes? this forum has a mob mentality that it doesn't matter if we're on a perfect league / CL campaign the fans will still pick one or two players to hate on lol

Horatio

You're welcome
but beating a dead horse saying he is bad and shouldn't be in the starting 11 is dumb, he is the best we got who should we play over him?
turan? Paulinho? rafinha? gomes? this forum has a mob mentality that it doesn't matter if we're on a perfect league / CL campaign the fans will still pick one or two players to hate on lol

Welcome to Barcaforum. Enjoy your stay.

Home of Barca Fans